Max Kranick

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
bucco boy

Max Kranick

Post by bucco boy »

Special interest in Max, a local kid from NEPA. Was promoted to Indianapolis and made his debut last night.

5 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 6 K, 0 BB

I had a great conversation with him this winter as he was working out where I work. Smart kid. Listened intently to some stories I told him about the Pirates history.

I think he was the 28th prospect in the MLB Pipeline, but his stock has definitely risen. In Altoona, he basically had one bad inning, but what I really loved was the K/BB ratio (8 to 1). Small sample size, but his control has improved dramatically. And he changed some mechanics that has increased his velocity and hopefully will also help him avoid injuries. (He has had some during his pro career). He is 23 so still young. With Miguel Yajure out, hopefully Max will get a shot at the big leagues this summer. Him and Contreras are next up on the Pipeline list (every other pitcher at A ball or lower)
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
Black & Gold

Re: Max Kranick

Post by Black & Gold »

Kranick gave up some hits and runs in his 2nd AAA start but was really, REALLY good yesterday. 5 IP, 1 H, 3 BB, 9 K's, 0 R.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/indians-vs ... ame=647191

His AAA ERA is now a solid 3.14, his FIP a very good 2.93, 5 BB, 16 K's. Reportedly dealing 95-97 mph with a good cutter and swing-and-miss slider.