Polanco

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Az Bucco fan

Polanco

Post by Az Bucco fan »

Been off the grid....is he hurt....what happened to Moran and Reynolds.? Thanks 8-) 8-)
statscbl

Re: Polanco

Post by statscbl »

Here is information that I have. (Don't hold me to this, but I think it is mostly accurate,)

Polanco- on the 10 day Covid Injured List..Not exactly sure what that is, but he will be out of action for at least 5 more days.

Reynolds- Lower body soreness. He has missed 2 or 3 games and is listed day to day

Moran- Groin injury. He is on the 10 day injured list. They don't know the severity yet, but he didn't look comfortable when he left the game.

Ke'Bryan Hayes- was transferred to the 60 day injured list which means he won't be back until June. That is the biggest disappointment to me.

Michael Feliz- DFA'd 8ip 8 hits 1 walk 0 hrs 2.35 ERA. Not bad for Feliz. That one didn't make sense to me, unless the Pirates were in a position they had to cut someone now that he is off the injured list.

(Anyone, feel free to make corrections or updates)
ZelieMike

Post by ZelieMike »

From today's "Athletic", it appears Polanco is on IL for COVID protocol violations. He apparently worked out at a non-approved facility and is being quarantined for a bit.

ZM
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

Thank you! :D
ReadingPiratesFan

Post by ReadingPiratesFan »

IMO Polanco needs to go!
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

ReadingPiratesFan wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:19 pm IMO Polanco needs to go!
I know it sounds backwards, but for Polanco to go he needs to play better. I believe he is owed about $7 million for the rest of the year plus there will be a $3 million dollar buy out next year. If he gets hot for a few weeks and there is a taker, I would guess he will get traded to a team willing to pick up his contract.
ReadingPiratesFan

Post by ReadingPiratesFan »

Yes,I understand,but it wouldn’t be the first time they had to eat a contract. I agree he’s worth more if hitting is consistent. I’m all for playing the youngsters though.✌️
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

ReadingPiratesFan wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:00 pm Yes,I understand,but it wouldn’t be the first time they had to eat a contract. I agree he’s worth more if hitting is consistent. I’m all for playing the youngsters though.✌️
Me too. Ke'Bryan Hayes I think will get the call-up on Thursday. As far as outfielders go, the injured Jared Oliva should be playing somewhere a week after that. The door is wide open for Travis Swaggerty to play in the bigs, but he doesn't seem to be taking advantage of the situation yet.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

statscbl wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:11 pm
ReadingPiratesFan wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:00 pm Yes,I understand,but it wouldn’t be the first time they had to eat a contract. I agree he’s worth more if hitting is consistent. I’m all for playing the youngsters though.✌️
Me too. Ke'Bryan Hayes I think will get the call-up on Thursday. As far as outfielders go, the injured Jared Oliva should be playing somewhere a week after that. The door is wide open for Travis Swaggerty to play in the bigs, but he doesn't seem to be taking advantage of the situation yet.
I guess the door is not open for Swaggerty. He is now on the 60 day IL and headed for possible surgery. I wish him a good recovery.
Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold »

statscbl wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:01 pmI guess the door is not open for Swaggerty. He is now on the 60 day IL and headed for possible surgery. I wish him a good recovery.
A while back, collision at first base, dislocated his shoulder. No good.