80 For Brady

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
NDBuc28

80 For Brady

Post by NDBuc28 »

Thoughts….

Has anyone seen this movie yet????
GreenWeenie

Re: 80 For Brady

Post by GreenWeenie »

I have a female friend who saw it and told me that she liked it. That's all I know of it.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

GreenWeenie wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:06 pm I have a female friend who saw it and told me that she liked it. That's all I know of it.
Let me tell you some more about it.

One of the worst sports movies I have ever watched. Not funny, not dramatic, not entertaining, just pure crap.

I rank it right there with Little Big League, Gus, A League of Their Own, that Eddie the Eagle movie from a few years ago. I can’t believe this ridiculous film made it to the big screen. Don’t waste your time watching it. Although I would like to hear someone else’s opinion on the movie. I thought it was complete hot trash. Brady actually signed off on this piece of garbage??
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

All I have to say is this:

Anyone who saw that Eddie The Eagle movie should lose their license to review movies. ;))))
val

Post by val »

GreenWeenie wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:57 am All I have to say is this:

Anyone who saw that Eddie The Eagle movie should lose their license to review movies. ;))))
Or for including League of Their Own in the same breath with that other dreck.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

val wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:03 am

Or for including League of Their Own in the same breath with that other dreck.
Any movie with Rosie O’Donell gets two thumbs down, way down.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Turned it off 1/2 way through it, one of the very few movies I couldn’t finish. Somehow it was even worse than this 80 For Brady movie debacle.

Watch the stupid thing, and let me know what you think.

I will never get that hour and a half, of my life back. Yeah I will get an hour of my life back, when we turn the clocks back in November, but that 1/2 hour is lost forever. Damn you Tom Brady.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I can't recall the last movie I saw, even on my tablet. I don't have a television. I go to movies once in a while. I'm planning to go see the new "It Ain't Over" documentary about Yogi Berra.

I knew that "Eddie The Eagle" would be a pass. I remember seeing the trailer for it. Looked like a poor knockoff of that Jamaican bobsledders movie from way back.

Didn't Disney make one about Huntington's Indian "Who Wants To Be A Baseball Player?" fiasco? That had to win a few Academy Awards.

I may run out and buy a big screen when "Hodgepodge" comes out, otherwise known as "Nightmare On Federal Street."
Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold »

On a flight back from LA to my home in Georgia, eaveswatched a few minutes of the movie as the lady in row ahead of me was watching. I did not have sound obviously so take my comments for what they're worth.

At one point, I see the four old ladies watching the Pats**** - Falcons Super Bowl from the stands. Next time I looked, the old ladies were in the coaching booth and seemed to be giving NFL coaches advice.

So yeah, four old ladies supposedly get into an NFL coaching booth and give NFL coaches advice. Sure. You bet. If they have time, maybe they can swing by MIT and give lessons in advanced mathematics to the teachers.

In closing, puck the Fatriots.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Black & Gold wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:13 pm On a flight back from LA to my home in Georgia, eaveswatched a few minutes of the movie as the lady in row ahead of me was watching. I did not have sound obviously so take my comments for what they're worth.

At one point, I see the four old ladies watching the Pats**** - Falcons Super Bowl from the stands. Next time I looked, the old ladies were in the coaching booth and seemed to be giving NFL coaches advice.

So yeah, four old ladies supposedly get into an NFL coaching booth and give NFL coaches advice. Sure. You bet. If they have time, maybe they can swing by MIT and give lessons in advanced mathematics to the teachers.

In closing, puck the Fatriots.
The movie was very bad up to the scene you are talking about. The scene you mentioned turned the movie from very bad to unwatchable.