Game #38 5/10/23 Rockies @ Pirates

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
GreenWeenie

Re: Game #38 5/10/23 Rockies @ Pirates

Post by GreenWeenie »

Baseball's a funny game. Hotter than heck all at once, then stone cold for a while.

And nobody else is any better. :)
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

If you add up the last 10 games from all of the NL Central teams, it is a combined record of 14-36 which is a 28% winning percentage.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Reminds me of back in the day at all those college frat parties: Wait long enough for things to kick in a little, and those Cards don't look so bad after all. ;)

Don't need to be good. All we need to be is better than whomever's and whatever's in second.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

GreenWeenie wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:43 pm Reminds me of back in the day at all those college frat parties: Wait long enough for things to kick in a little, and those Cards don't look so bad after all. ;)

Don't need to be good. All we need to be is better than whomever's and whatever's in second.
That’s right Weenie!!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

A lot of fans- especially those who tune in to every game, every half-inning and never miss a beat think that every batter, every manager, every pitcher needs to be perfect.

They get mad if a guy makes an out when the bases are chucked, boots a ball, or coughs up a homer. Lose a game is worse than bad.

I see how things go about every 10 games. That came to me as a suggestion from a past member of our previous board a few years ago, I think. Doing that gives a wider perspective.

Guess what? Other teams aren't perfect, either. If they were, we wouldn't be in first.

All we need to be is better than them.