Ho hum ... yawn

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
#9#

Ho hum ... yawn

Post by #9# »

Another series win on the road. Anyone else bored? ;)
val

Re: Ho hum ... yawn

Post by val »

Not me.

Keep racking and stacking....
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

I'm trying not get hopes up yet. I will say this though. Our division isn't very good so staying around .500 could make for an interesting summer.
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold »

Going 6-3 on a trip through Milwaukee, Detroit and Minnesota? Did not see that coming and very happy with results ...

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

bucco boy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:40 pm I'm trying not get hopes up yet. I will say this though. Our division isn't very good so staying around .500 could make for an interesting summer.
But after hearing the Reds announcers after the series with us you would have thought they were already printing World Series tickets.lol
“The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate”
Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold »

Blackbeard wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:08 amBut after hearing the Reds announcers after the series with us you would have thought they were already printing World Series tickets.lol
Yep. Baseball is amazing that way. MLB channel announcer was saying after the first 10 days of the season that the A's slow start was probably not something they could overcome.

Until they win 13 in a row and take over first place, I mean.

Reds fans April 8: "Reds are so awesome, yes, our pitching is not great, I mean Wade Miley? But that OFFENSE!"

Two weeks later ... "Oh my God, this pitching sucks, we will finish last!"
Dan_Stonerook

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

It will all come down to pitching. Who knows how 2021 will be after a 60 game season. Will the arms be fresh from the time off? Will they not be stretched out enough for a 162 game workload?

It seems everyone is expecting to use lots of arms.