Todd Frazier apparently not a big DK fan

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Black & Gold

Todd Frazier apparently not a big DK fan

Post by Black & Gold »

A few of us on this forum remember a contributor from a looooong time ago, using the name "No. 12" in honor of former Pirate Turner Ward. Anyhoo, that former contributor is a Pittsburgh sportswriter named Dejan Kovacevic, who rubbed some the wrong way. No reason to name names here.

It seems that DK had some unflattering comments for current Pirate Todd Frazier. Mr. Frazier authored a twitter response today:

Honey Dijon. Ouch.
Dan_Stonerook

Re: Todd Frazier apparently not a big DK fan

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

I remember Dejan calling the Russell Martin signing the worst free agent signing in Pirates history.
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

He seemed to come off as an arrogant, know it all twit and after meeting him it was confirmed....JMHO.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Dan_Stonerook wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:39 am I remember Dejan calling the Russell Martin signing the worst free agent signing in Pirates history.
Apparently he forgot about Derek Bell.lol
“The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate”
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Az Bucco fan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:27 pm He seemed to come off as an arrogant, know it all twit and after meeting him it was confirmed....JMHO.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

He and I got along very well in the late 90s/early 2000s. He had a passion but also believed he has the patent on "How to be a Pirates fan." I mentioned on the old board how I got sick of going to see the Pirates play the Astros and they would just crap the bed, usually losing by something like 7-2 every time. Told the board I was sick of the time and effort to watch terrible baseball and he jumped all over me for it.
Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold »

Corsair wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:05 amTold the board I was sick of the time and effort to watch terrible baseball and he jumped all over me for it.
DK not a patient person. I don't think he understands that most of us watch adults chasing a ball for entertainment. Our income does not depend on the outcome, so we root for an outcome, but have nothing invested in it.

He literally has a financial outcome in the success of Pittsburgh sports, since better teams = more interest in his site, podcasts, etc.
jollyroger

Post by jollyroger »

In case any of you think that DK isn't a colossal, entitled, POS of a human being... https://deadspin.com/pittsburghs-cuttin ... 1821797940
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

DK having the last laugh. 1 for 31 and he tweets after every out.
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way