Miguel Yajure

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Az Bucco fan

Miguel Yajure

Post by Az Bucco fan »

Despite the results, I was impressed with Yajure's outing yesterday. I think he was left in an inning too long particularly with the 7 inning game....I would use him in long relief to get his feet wet and lessen the pressure factor but what do I know...lol :D :o 8-)
bucco boy

Re: Miguel Yajure

Post by bucco boy »

I agree. He has great stuff. Just needs some maturity and go through some growing pains, but I would rather have him in the rotation then Kuhl or Cahill.
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold »

He's a genuine pitcher. One thing I loved about his approach - similar to Rich Rod's - is that he wants to deliver the pitch RIGHT NOW. Gets the sign, windup, pitch on the way, all over the strike zone.

What a contrast to the wandering on the mound, fixing the shirt, fidgeting with the cap, shaking off three signs, stepping off, going through the routine again, batter steps out, finally agree on a sign, finally delivers first pitch, 55' slider, ball 1.

Start again ...

You know who I'm talking about.
Dan_Stonerook

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

Black & Gold wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:22 pm He's a genuine pitcher. One thing I loved about his approach - similar to Rich Rod's - is that he wants to deliver the pitch RIGHT NOW. Gets the sign, windup, pitch on the way, all over the strike zone.

What a contrast to the wandering on the mound, fixing the shirt, fidgeting with the cap, shaking off three signs, stepping off, going through the routine again, batter steps out, finally agree on a sign, finally delivers first pitch, 55' slider, ball 1.

Start again ...

You know who I'm talking about.
No wonder the Yankees got rid of him. They love those 5 hour Sunday night games on ESPN.