New Rules Being Tried By MLB in The Independent League

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Dan_Stonerook

New Rules Being Tried By MLB in The Independent League

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/04/ ... eague.html

Moving the mound back a foot, and when the starter is pulled, the DH is pulled.
jollyroger

Re: New Rules Being Tried By MLB in The Independent League

Post by jollyroger »

What, offense hasn't increased enough with the juiced ball? Runs/game/team has gone up from 4.07 in 2014 to 4.65 in 2020 (topped out at 4.83 in 2019).
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

Not a fan of these rule changes...I would go along with universal DH but that's about it...if you want to speed up the game, cut down on the number of warmup pitches between innings and during pitching changes.....they have already thrown numerous pitches and should be ready...JMHO... 8-) 8-)
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

Here is my guess
Goal #1 Have the ball put in play more.........I am not against moving the mound back a foot, especially because of how much taller men are in general since 1893. However, this change alone would be bad unless they actually deadened the ball like it once was.

Goal #2 Have starters go deeper in games........I wonder if they are trying to eliminate the opener that starts the game and goes an inning or 2. Therefore, they are saying to rid the DH when pitcher comes out. If they think starters will now go deeper into games, I don't think so.