Was in Chicago....

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Az Bucco fan

Was in Chicago....

Post by Az Bucco fan »

.....this past week to see my son, who is EDM DJ Bijou, play Lollapalooza and showed up a couple days early enabling me and the wife to attend Tuesday's day game. Wrigley was fab and Chicago showed us a great time all week. What a great atmosphere. Fans knowledgeable and friendly....their standing O's for Contreras were cool too. Cruz hit an absolute bomb. He is raw but the upside is there IMHO. Oh and Lollapalooza was a gas. We attended T/F/S. Metallica were epic. Royal Blood amazing as was Billy Strings.High lites included Giovannae and the Hired Guns. Turnstile had the rowdiest crowd we saw all weekend and rapper Larry June had us having a ball. Who else can rap about house shoes? Went to Buddy Guy's Legends and saw classic bluesman, Jimmy Hughes....Chicago? Highly recommend. Friendly people, great food and the weather was perfect... 8-) 8-)
Dan_Stonerook

Re: Was in Chicago....

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

I was following through the pics you posted on Facebook.

Definitely looks like you had a fun time.
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

Awesome, AZ!
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
Ralphie

Post by Ralphie »

I saw Billy Strings on Austin City Limits and was impressed. And of course love Metallica.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

I am interested about the size of Buddy Guy's place. Is it hard to get to? Do you sit at tables or is it theatre like?
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

statscbl wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:18 am I am interested about the size of Buddy Guy's place. Is it hard to get to? Do you sit at tables or is it theatre like?
We stayed at the Palmer House. Monroe and Wabash. It was 5-6 blocks south. Easy walk....all tables and hi tops in the back...probably seats 150-200...food 2 bars, one on each end....good vibe...we walked home 11 ish no problem...hope that helps...highly recommend.... 8-)
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

Az Bucco fan wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:40 am
statscbl wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:18 am I am interested about the size of Buddy Guy's place. Is it hard to get to? Do you sit at tables or is it theatre like?
We stayed at the Palmer House. Monroe and Wabash. It was 5-6 blocks south. Easy walk....all tables and hi tops in the back...probably seats 150-200...food 2 bars, one on each end....good vibe...we walked home 11 ish no problem...hope that helps...highly recommend.... 8-)
I live less than 3 hours from there, depending on the traffic. I am not a fan of getting in and out of Chicago, but have thought seriously about going to see some blues there. You have sold me on it. Thanks.