Game Day Comments - July

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
statscbl

Re: Game Day Comments - July

Post by statscbl »

I don't undertand the need to get Josh VanMeter in the line-up. He is hitting .039 against left handers and .213 against right handers. We are sitting Chavis who is hitting .273 against left handers and .219 against right handers. A platoon doesn't make sense to me against left handers or right handers.
That being said, I'm looking forward to the game today and hoping for a W.
Dan_Stonerook

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

Hayes scratched with a knee discomfort.

Castillo optioned to AAA. Reynolds reinstated.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Tsutsugo is unbelievably bad at the game of baseball.

Now batting a pathetic .167 on the season with only 2 homers.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Crap now Schwarber shows Tsutsugo how to hit the ball out of the ballpark.

3-1 Phillies
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Brubaker is not fooling anyone now, pitching BP to the Phillies right now.

Phillies now with 11 hits on the day
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Now 12 including 5 this inning.

Go get him already Shelton, what are you waiting for?
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Woof

Phillies plate 5 in the 5th on 7 hits.

What a pathetic display of baseball the second half of the season from this team. The only win was a 1-0 win against the Marlins. Now looking likely to fall to 1-8 in the second half and getting swept in a 4 game series against your in state rival.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

On the bright side Newman is playing very well lately.

3-3 on the day
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

NDBuc28 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:26 pm
What a pathetic display of baseball the second half of the season from this team.
Obviously you need talent to win, but an underrated part of any sport is team chemistry. When they young guys were up, I thought the Pirates were more fun to watch (despite being overmatched at times). Right now it seems like we have several guys waiting to be traded or released. Hopefully in a few more days it will get better.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

ssssswwwwwooooossssshhhhh. That's the sound of the Reds going by our Bucs. Now we are in last place. Cherington has been here 3 years now. In his first year we ended up in last place and he told the fans he was adding talent to the team. In his second year, we ended up in last place and he told the fans that he was adding talent to the system. Now in his third year, we are in last place and he still saying he is adding talent to the system. I am catching on to the game. Next year, in his fourth year, we will end up in last place and he will tell us he is adding talent to the system. What we need is some talent added to the GM ranks.
val

Post by val »

statscbl wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:34 pm An interesting point by Dan that Cruz gets to balls that other shortstop don't. Is it possible, we could say the same if he were in right field? I don't know the answer, just asking. I'm not going to crucify Cruz for his throwing, but the scouts say Peguero is the reall deal at shortstop. I am fine with Cruz at short, but I think he might serve the team better if he were in right and Peguero or Newman at short.
Except that Peggy is still real young. Youngest player in AA ball I think I read. And his error count is astronomical.

We've rushed Cruz, because, well why not? We suck. He's at least captivating.

The issue for Cruz is whether it's better for his learning curve to be at this level or at a lower one.