Am I really seeing the future?

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
ReadingPiratesFan

Am I really seeing the future?

Post by ReadingPiratesFan »

I have been a Pirates fan for ever and I’ve seen great times come and go…and a few years that thought I was “the year” but 68 years old, I think We’re seeing the future of the Prates. I’ve been wrong before…
“All we need is a bloop and a blast”…….Bob Prince
statscbl

Re: Am I really seeing the future?

Post by statscbl »

I think we are seeing the future in the same way when we had guys come up like Cutch, Pedro Alvarez, Cole, Walker etc. We may not have as big of names, but we have more guys with star potential. However, what allowed us to compete is when the Pirates spent money on guys to make us stronger like AJ Burnett, Francisco Liriano, Russell Martin etc. Will the Pirates spend the money when it is time to compete?
rwfastrax

Re: Am I really seeing the future?

Post by rwfastrax »

Even with the recent losing streak...I'm really enjoying watching Suwinski, Madris and Cruz (especially) play. They all seem really comfortable and Cruz looks like he's having the time of his life. Anxiously waiting on Marcano's return as well. He was looking pretty good too.