Too Many Lefties

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Ralphie

Too Many Lefties

Post by Ralphie »

It's kind of ridiculous to me that the Pirates have almost nothing but lefty hitters. As far as pure righties, we have Hayes and Chavis, and that's it. And in AAA, literally all of the guys that can hit are lefties.

Kind of irresponsible of Cherington to build a team that way. Facing a quality left-handed starter leaves the Pirates with almost no chance. But I do remind myself, the team is built to lose. Something like that can be adjusted, but it takes some time.

Hopefully by the start of next season he has balanced things out somewhat. And hopefully by next year we stop with the "trying to lose" nonsense. It made sense for a while, but I've had enough.
Dan_Stonerook

Re: Too Many Lefties

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

PNC Park was built for lefty hitters.

I like it.
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

Except when having to watch Vogelbach whiff repeatedly against a lefty......another throw the shite on the wall and see what happens.....he can't hit lefties... it's plain as day..... 8-)
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

Tsutsugo should be activated in a week or sooner. It will be interesting to see if the Pirates stick with the young guys or cut a guy like Vogelbach or Chang.
Dan_Stonerook

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

I wouldn't be surprised if Tsutsugo is cut.
ReadingPiratesFan

Post by ReadingPiratesFan »

Tsutsugo,Vogelbach and Chang need to go. What is Sheldon thinking🙄 Almost the middle of June, play the kids😩
“All we need is a bloop and a blast”…….Bob Prince
Ralphie

Post by Ralphie »

I wouldn't release any of those guys right now. But I would try to avoid having Yoshi or Vogelbach facing any lefties.