Game Day Comments - June

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
NDBuc28

Re: Game Day Comments - June

Post by NDBuc28 »

Dan_Stonerook wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:39 pm Eickhoff is throwing all breaking stuff. 3 hit by pitches.

It is going to be an early night.
Why not just start Crowe or De Jong and let them throw 3 innings?

Why the Pirates are in the business of just giving games away, is beyond my understanding.

This was never going to work out, starting Eickoff tonight, and everyone knew it, but those making these decisions.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

NDBuc28 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:47 pm The bottom of the Bucs order is horrendous, not expecting much from the 5-9 hitters tonight either.
I look forward to seeing Castillo and Park get at bats. They came over from the Yankees for Clay Holmes.
I also look forward to seeing Cal Mitchell get at bats.
I would rather see others playing than Yu Chang.
Michael Perez is about as close to an automatic out as anyone in the majors.
val

Post by val »

statscbl wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:43 pm 7 to 0 with one out in the second. What are the odds that Eickhoff will pitch a complete game tonight?
He's still in in the 5th.

Why not?
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

2 Pitches 2 outs for De Jong, coming on in relief for Eickoff in the 5th.

You can close the book on Eickoff (TG).

10 runs all earned on 10 hits, and one BB and he plunked 3 batters and the Pirate Parrot twice.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

statscbl wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:05 am
NDBuc28 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:47 pm The bottom of the Bucs order is horrendous, not expecting much from the 5-9 hitters tonight either.
I look forward to seeing Castillo and Park get at bats. They came over from the Yankees for Clay Holmes.
I also look forward to seeing Cal Mitchell get at bats.
I would rather see others playing than Yu Chang.
Michael Perez is about as close to an automatic out as anyone in the majors.
Castillo, Park, and Mitchell all have potential I just don’t think they can contribute to the major league club on a consistent basis. I see no potential for Chang at all.

More than likely they will all be back in the minors very soon with Tsutsugo, Newman, Van Meter, and Gamel coming back soon.

Sitting on the bench getting 5-10 AB’s a week will not help any of them. They need consistent AB’s down at Indy.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

NDBuc28 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:50 am
Castillo, Park, and Mitchell all have potential I just don’t think they can contribute to the major league club on a consistent basis. I see no potential for Chang at all.

More than likely they will all be back in the minors very soon with Tsutsugo, Newman, Van Meter, and Gamel coming back soon.

Sitting on the bench getting 5-10 AB’s a week will not help any of them. They need consistent AB’s down at Indy.
Thanks for the feedback and agree with most of what you said. We agree on Chang. I like seeing Castillo, Park and Mitchell getting as many major league at bats as possible right now (because like you said more than likely Tsutsugo, Newman, Van Meter and Gamel will be coming back soon.)

I am more frustrated that guys like Chang, Van Meter and other waiver pick-ups are getting at bats. I would have liked to see the Pirates spend money on guys that would have trade potential at this all-star break. Do we have any trade chips at all this year? Quintana maybe?
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

Let's hope we never see Eickhoff in a Pirate uniform ever again
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

statscbl wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:35 am
NDBuc28 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:50 am

Thanks for the feedback and agree with most of what you said. We agree on Chang. I like seeing Castillo, Park and Mitchell getting as many major league at bats as possible right now (because like you said more than likely Tsutsugo, Newman, Van Meter and Gamel will be coming back soon.)

I am more frustrated that guys like Chang, Van Meter and other waiver pick-ups are getting at bats. I would have liked to see the Pirates spend money on guys that would have trade potential at this all-star break. Do we have any trade chips at all this year? Quintana maybe?
Quintana, Chavis, Vogelbach, Stratton, should all be available for any team that would want/need them. The only one that might bring back anything of value would be Quintana, I don’t see any team giving up any top prospects for the others.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Some good news, a silver lining if you will, Cruz is one of only 2 players in the Wild card era (1998-present), to start their careers with an RBI in their first 5 games.

I believe the other player is David Peralta.
Dan_Stonerook

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

Dan_Stonerook

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

Chang at DH makes me wish the Pirates still had Steven Brault.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Game 4 vs Cubs 6/22/22

HAYES puts the Bucs back in the lead with a 2 run blast.

3-2 good guys
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Beautiful top of the 4th inning for Quintana, 5 pitches is all it took to retire the Cubs.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

YES!! Struck him out

Quintana does a great job working out of the fifth after giving up a lead off double.

Still 3-2 good guys

Now this is a good baseball game, the first three games of this series were so lopsided.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Cruz with an RBI double in the 6th.

That is now an RBI in 6 straight games to start a career.