Cole Tucker DFA'd

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Dan_Stonerook

Cole Tucker DFA'd

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

bucco boy

Re: Cole Tucker DFA'd

Post by bucco boy »

Good luck to Cole, but he is a AAAA player.

This guy they got is garbage, but they need to throw someone on the field with all these injuries.
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

bucco boy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:21 pm Good luck to Cole, but he is a AAAA player.

This guy they got is garbage, but they need to throw someone on the field with all these injuries.
Good luck to Cole!!

He has a great attitude and I hope he is able to figure things out.

He was struggling mightily at Indy since being demoted. He might have to go the Independent baseball route for a few years and see if he can figure things out there.

I was looking through Independent league rosters the other day and saw Matt Adams was playing for the Kansas City Monarchs. Matt has the lowest batting average in the league .114 and only 1 homer. Baseball certainly has a way of telling players when they are done.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

I don't see the purpose of getting a guy like Chang in return for Cole Tucker. Chang is hitting like .170? The Pirates are absolutely flooded with guys in the minors that can play the infield in the minors and in the majors. I am excited to see Hoy Park and Marcano get a call-up. (Marcano just hit a 3 run homer off Walker Buehler tonight.) I would think Ji-hwan Bae would be the next obvious call-up from triple A. He plays 2B/of and is hitting over .300 this year with a 26 game on base streak.
Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold »

statscbl wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:08 amI don't see the purpose of getting a guy like Chang in return for Cole Tucker. Chang is hitting like .170?
No doubt, but Chang can hit HR's. Is he a good player? No. Is he better than Tucker? Unfortunately, yes. They took a flier on a guy and gave up just this:

statscbl wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:08 amI am excited to see Hoy Park and Marcano get a call-up. (Marcano just hit a 3 run homer off Walker Buehler tonight.) I would think Ji-hwan Bae would be the next obvious call-up from triple A. He plays 2B/of and is hitting over .300 this year with a 26 game on base streak.
Marcano is a legit hitter. He is still really thin, but his power has improved every year in professional ball. 1 HR, then 2, then 7, then 2 in AAA and a bomb off Walker Buehler. Dude has superb command of the strike zone, and can HIT. He is one of the players received in return for Adam Frazier, and kinda reminds me of Frazier in his command of the strike zone, good OBP skills, but with better power.

Bae is an interesting player. He has hit for more power every year as well, good speed, and an OBP machine. Already has 5 HR's this season in 153 AB's, after 0 HR's his first TWO minor league seasons. He's been really hot recently: 9 game hitting streak, 15-35, 4 2B's, 2 3B's 2 HR's, 4 BB's, 7 K's, .429/.487/.771. Yikes.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

Black & Gold wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:03 pm
statscbl wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:08 amI don't see the purpose of getting a guy like Chang in return for Cole Tucker. Chang is hitting like .170?
No doubt, but Chang can hit HR's. Is he a good player? No. Is he better than Tucker? Unfortunately, yes. They took a flier on a guy and gave up just this:
Taking a flyer on him in and letting him learn in the minors is one thing, even though this is his 10th year to try and figure it out. He hit .174 in the minors this year with zero homers. His batting average in the majors is .000 as he is 0 for 12 with 9 strike outs. Giving him a big league uniform and batting him #6 in the line-up tonight makes no sense to me. We have plenty of guys in the minors that I would rather take a flyer on.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

For those of you that remember former Pirate infielder Kevin Kramer, he was released by the Brewers and has elected to call it quits. I wasn't sure where to post this or if anyone cared.