Game Day Comments - May

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
NDBuc28

Re: Game Day Comments - May

Post by NDBuc28 »

This is the perfect game to use Heath Hembree to finish the last two innings with the game well out of reach. But no Shelton uses Banda and A position player to finish the game. Making a complete mockery out of the game.

Shelton is an idiot, this team is poorly assembled, Pirates fans do not deserve this embarrassment of a team they throw out there day after day.

5 Starting players with averages well below .200, is a sick joke. The only way this team has a chance of winning, is good pitching, this offense is Chavis, Hayes, Reynolds, Gamel, and Vogelbach. And Hayes has been in a terrible slump lately.

Castillo, Suwinski, Castro might be average players some day, but they are not ready to contribute on a consistent basis. Tsutsugo and Perez have been given ample opportunity to prove themselves and all they have proven is that they are not MLB players.

As I type this the Pirates somehow manage to score 4 runs.
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

Stop sending Bryse Wilson out to start games. Maybe he still has some kind of future at 24 but games are over before they even start. Put him in the bullpen and let him work things out or send him to Indy. There are too many arms with potential to keep throwing out the same garbage every five days.
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

bucco boy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:14 pm Stop sending Bryse Wilson out to start games. Maybe he still has some kind of future at 24 but games are over before they even start. Put him in the bullpen and let him work things out or send them to Indy. There are too many arms with potential to keep throwing out the same garbage every five days.
There are at least 5 starting pitchers in the organization right now that give you a better chance to win a game than trotting out Wilson.

Crowe, De Jong, Contreras, Peters, and Kranick.

I would use Wilson as a middle reliever and Keller as a 7th or 8th inning guy. Neither of those two should ever start another game.
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

This team and organization is beyond embarrassing.No excuse for it.When you have opposing teams fans taking over your stadium it should hit you where it hurts.But To him money from tickets is money from tickets no matter the fans allegiance.But the real sad part is,most of them probably live right there in the region.
“The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate”
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

When will Cherington's so called "plan" start working because after three years all I see are bad baseball teams.
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Shedman wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:21 pm When will Cherington's so called "plan" start working because after three years all I see are bad baseball teams.
I don’t give a crap if you are re building or not you still have to spend some money on major league talent.I agree it’s the same old same old.
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Their biggest worry of late was cutting one journeyman back up catcher to bring in another.Maybe Heineman was cheaper? I don’t know...
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

NDBuc28 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:12 pm This is the perfect game to use Heath Hembree to finish the last two innings with the game well out of reach. But no Shelton uses Banda and A position player to finish the game. Making a complete mockery out of the game.

Shelton is an idiot, this team is poorly assembled, Pirates fans do not deserve this embarrassment of a team they throw out there day after day.

5 Starting players with averages well below .200, is a sick joke. The only way this team has a chance of winning, is good pitching, this offense is Chavis, Hayes, Reynolds, Gamel, and Vogelbach. And Hayes has been in a terrible slump lately.

Castillo, Suwinski, Castro might be average players some day, but they are not ready to contribute on a consistent basis. Tsutsugo and Perez have been given ample opportunity to prove themselves and all they have proven is that they are not MLB players.

As I type this the Pirates somehow manage to score 4 runs.
And three off of their catcher.Your comments are spot on.
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Did anybody else see that person in the Pirate uni still trying to sell stuff in the Lexus seats in the ninth inning in the pouring rain? If they would put just a quarter of that same effort to putting a better baseball team on the field we would be better off.I guess whoever was still down there needed one for the road.
Last edited by Blackbeard on Mon May 23, 2022 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Another embarrassing thing about today’s game was the broadcast itself.Each of these announcers are good in there own way,but put together not good at all.Example,Reynolds had been out of the game for three innings and they still didn’t acknowledge Suzwinski had moved to center.And never did.Too much talking and not enough paying attention to the field.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

RAISE IT!!

This is the only way this team is going to win, with a good pitching performance by their starting pitcher. The offense just can’t score a lot of runs.

Hayes was the star at the plate, reaching base all 4 AB’s. Brubaker, Crowe, and Bednar held the Rockies to 1 run.

I would have pinch hit for Perez in the 7th with Chavis, but the Bucs managed to get the game winning run in the 8th.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Game 2 vs. Rockies 5/24/22

After not getting a hit through 4 1/3 innings the Bucs 7 and 8 hitters get back to back hits to put the first run of the game on the board.

Cal Mitchell gets his first hit and first MLB RBI.

Nice to see .500 in the batting order.

Contreras has pitched a good game. Shutting down the Rockies through 5.

1-0 Bucs after 5 complete.
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

I want to see guys like Contreras rewarded with more starts when they have a good outing. And give less starts to guys like Wilson.
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Costly error by Castro in the 8th, Rockies take advantage and get their first run of the game.

1-1 Heading to the bottom of the 8th.

No team in the majors can even be close to the Pirates in errors by shortstop. It’s heartbreaking considering how well the pitching has been the last two games.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

bucco boy wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:42 am I want to see guys like Contreras rewarded with more starts when they have a good outing. And give less starts to guys like Wilson.
I don’t think we will be seeing Wilson start a game for awhile. Thank goodness.