Game Day Comments - May

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Lifelongfan

Re: Game Day Comments - May

Post by Lifelongfan »

Do we not have someone, anyone in the minors that can hit cleanup better than .180 with one home run?
Lifelongfan

Post by Lifelongfan »

I listen to the Bucs on Sirius XM. I think the Pirates have some of the best announcers in either league and I have heard quite a few. But they have one of the hardest jobs on the planet and they do a great job of it.....staying positive while covering one of the worst, most inept team in the majors. I hate to have that attitude, i've been a Pirates fan for 60 years but you can't deny facts. :cry:
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

ssssswwwwwooooossssshhhhh. That's the sound of the Cubs going by our Bucs. :(
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Lifelongfan wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:50 am Do we not have someone, anyone in the minors that can hit cleanup better than .180 with one home run?
There are a couple of guys in Greensboro that are tearing it up. Jacob Gonzales is having one of the best seasons I have ever seen. Unfortunately he is probably 1-2 years away from helping the big club. Mason Martin and Cal Mitchell are having decent seasons for Indy, I would like to see Them give Martin a chance at first. He couldn’t possibly be worse than Tsutsugo. Suwinski is no where near major league ready, they gave him a chance.
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

Missed game to see Christone "Kingfish" Ingram, the future of the blues.....just checked boxscore, which is no longer available in newspaper.....how did Vogelbach ever get a triple? :D
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Az Bucco fan wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:25 pm Missed game to see Christone "Kingfish" Ingram, the future of the blues.....just checked boxscore, which is no longer available in newspaper.....how did Vogelbach ever get a triple? :D
His first triple of his career.

I didn’t see it either. It must have taken a funky Carom off the wall.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Swwwwwwwoooooooshhhhhhhhh

And that’s the sound of the Pirates passing the Scrubs in the standings.

Switch those pennants back around Wrigleyville
val

Post by val »

Az Bucco fan wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:25 pm Missed game to see Christone "Kingfish" Ingram, the future of the blues.....just checked boxscore, which is no longer available in newspaper.....how did Vogelbach ever get a triple? :D
Well, since you asked, here's the story, along with the actual triple: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/339 ... anyone-can

Fun read. My favorite nugget is this: Vogelbach is also not the slowest active player. Thanks to the marvels of Statcast, we can now measure these things. Vogelbach's top sprint speed this season ranks in the third percentile of all players, so 97% of players have recorded a higher top speed. He's been marginally faster than seven catchers, Albert Pujols and Miguel Cabrera, and ... this is weird ... Giancarlo Stanton.

LOL
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Another terrific start by Thompson

Surrendered 1 ER in 5 IP

Shelton for some reason, takes him out at 80 pitches, and the bullpen promptly gives up 4 runs.

I guess Shelton doesn’t trust his starters going through a lineup the third time.

Game is out of reach now with this pathetic offense.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Thompson’s line for the day

5 IP 5 hits 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 2 K 80 pitches

Pirates bullpen in 6th

1 IP 4 hits 4 R 4 ER 2 BB 0 K 36 Pitches

Nice call Shelton you boob
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Before you can grab another beverage and take a leak, the Bucs are retired in the 6th.

This lineup is no match for 68 year old Adam Wainwright.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

Any reason Vogelbach is not in the lineup tonight?
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

I wish we could stretch our pitchers out so they are capable of throwing 7 to 9 innings like in the olden days. It seems like every game we throw multiple pitchers, one guys just gets destroyed enough to cost us the game.
NDBuc28

Post by NDBuc28 »

statscbl wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:22 am I wish we could stretch our pitchers out so they are capable of throwing 7 to 9 innings like in the olden days. It seems like every game we throw multiple pitchers, one guys just gets destroyed enough to cost us the game.
A very odd choice to throw Hembre out there with the heart of the Cardinals lineup coming up, in a one run game no less. Heath should never be used in a close game, unless absolutely necessary. The Pirates had an off day yesterday, and should have a full bullpen at their disposal. I hate the fact Shelton threw him out there in that situation.
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

Boy am I glad I don't have Peacock.... :lol: :lol: :lol: