Stallings Golden

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Dan_Stonerook

Stallings Golden

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

Congratulations to Jacob Stallings for winning a Gold Glove.
bucco boy

Re: Stallings Golden

Post by bucco boy »

Well-deserved. Sign him to long-term deal. Too valuable to this young pitching staff.
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
Wildwood Dave

Post by Wildwood Dave »

Certainly agree- much deserved
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

I think in the era of having platoon catchers, I can't think of a better guy to take Henry Davis under his wing. Stallings has worked hard over his career to get where he is at. He is smart and he gets it. If we are serious about building a winning program with a bunch of young guys, Stallings in my opinion is a must sign.
Dan_Stonerook

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

statscbl wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:54 pm I think in the era of having platoon catchers, I can't think of a better guy to take Henry Davis under his wing. Stallings has worked hard over his career to get where he is at. He is smart and he gets it. If we are serious about building a winning program with a bunch of young guys, Stallings in my opinion is a must sign.
A three year extension is a good time frame for this.
Rellimie

Post by Rellimie »

bucco boy wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:10 pm Well-deserved. Sign him to long-term deal. Too valuable to this young pitching staff.
He will be 32, short term will be fine lol
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

statscbl wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:54 pm I think in the era of having platoon catchers, I can't think of a better guy to take Henry Davis under his wing. Stallings has worked hard over his career to get where he is at. He is smart and he gets it. If we are serious about building a winning program with a bunch of young guys, Stallings in my opinion is a must sign.
So much for my idea I posted 3 weeks ago.