Cutch

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Wildwood Dave

Cutch

Post by Wildwood Dave »

Phillies did not exercise option on Cutch- your thoughts
Shedman

Re: Cutch

Post by Shedman »

I think Cutch would make a great RF for our Bucs.
Dan_Stonerook

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

Shedman wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:37 pm I think Cutch would make a great RF for our Bucs.
No.
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

With the team what it is at this point, why not if it is a team friendly deal. After watching this season and seeing the pitiful attendance, he might be a boost at the turnstiles....maybe jack a few too...JMHO... 8-)
Cod

Post by Cod »

Unless McCutchen agrees to sign for $2 million or less, the Pirates won’t pursue him. The payroll is probably earmarked to be less than $40 million. We’re going to see a parade of prospects and Quad A players in the outfield all year long.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Cod wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:38 pm Unless McCutchen agrees to sign for $2 million or less, the Pirates won’t pursue him. The payroll is probably earmarked to be less than $40 million. We’re going to see a parade of prospects and Quad A players in the outfield all year long.
Avery reliable source who I play golf with tells me that they will only pick up LMG's.
ReadingPiratesFan

Post by ReadingPiratesFan »

Just my opinion as life long fan. It would be great for city and and imagine opening day with Cutch back in black and gold. Call it a publicity stunt or what ever but it would be the biggest think in Pittsburgh and he should retire as a Pirate.
Wildwood Dave

Post by Wildwood Dave »

sentiment says yes. Common sense says no. He could possibly retire as a Pirate at the end of the season
Wildwood Dave

Post by Wildwood Dave »

Has this reliable source ever requested a gimee on a hole?
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Wildwood Dave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:30 pm Has this reliable source ever requested a gimee on a hole?

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

There was a point in Cutch's tenure where he went from a ballplayer to a professional baseball player.

When he turned to Roger Dorn, I lost respect for him.

With how this management group and owner are building, I don't think there is a spot for Roger Dorn players.