Cole Tucker Night

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Dan_Stonerook

Cole Tucker Night

Post by Dan_Stonerook »

Two amazing catches!
A triple and grand slam!

Could he finally be turning the corner?

https://www.mlb.com/video/anthony-banda ... r-barnhart

https://stories.mlb.com/live/632250.html
Az Bucco fan

Re: Cole Tucker Night

Post by Az Bucco fan »

One can always hope,......soft spot for my local guy. ;)
Ralphie

Post by Ralphie »

Real nice guy, tries hard, don't know if he can hit at that level.

Some tough decisions with the middle infielders in the near term. Cruz and Gonzalez are the best options longer term. I think Chavis could do well at second also.
jollyroger

Post by jollyroger »

Seems like everyone and their mother has predicted that Cruz won't stick in the middle infield long term. For the 2022 squad, I have to think that him at SS with adequate defense and his bat are more valuable than any defense that Newman or Tucker are going to provide there.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

jollyroger wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:18 pm Seems like everyone and their mother has predicted that Cruz won't stick in the middle infield long term. For the 2022 squad, I have to think that him at SS with adequate defense and his bat are more valuable than any defense that Newman or Tucker are going to provide there.
I agree with you and hope you are right for 2022. The Pirates have 7 of their top 30 prospects listed as shortstops(some are multiple position) with Liover Peguero rated as the best fielder. He is projected to get called up in 2023. Peguero is the #85 prospect in baseball. Cruz has a cannon for an arm. It will be interesting to see what the Pirates do in 2022 and beyond with all of their highly rated middle infielders.