100 Losses

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Ralphie

100 Losses

Post by Ralphie »

I was hoping we could avoid 100 losses but the talent is just not there for that level of play. Worse offense in the league, some good pitchers and a bunch of bad ones.

The only thing left to root for is that we finish with a worse record than Texas, so that we draft third. It will be an interesting off season.

I've been ignoring all the other teams but once the season is over I'll pay some attention to the post season. One thing I know is I'll be rooting against the Cardinals.
Culli

Re: 100 Losses

Post by Culli »

We attended loss #100. Told ourselves early on that we'd KNOW when to leave early, and we did. I have no clue what the strategy was for Yajure, other than to let him create his own mess then figure out on his own how to get out of it. Shelton and Marin must've set a "run count" for him before one of them would even go to the mound.

It was a pitiful display of managing, coaching, early pitching, and hitting. The Bucs were NEVER in it. Of the 3,000 fans in the ballpark, I'd guess were 1000 from Chicago. I was home in my pajamas by the end of the 7th.

If you're going to lose 100 games, might as well get your a$$ whooped in the process.
BucFanInPhillyLand

Post by BucFanInPhillyLand »

A win tomorrow means they finish with exactly 100 losses. They would also get their very first series sweep of the year.
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

SHelton drives me crazy with his handling of pitching changes....he ain't even trying to win. :? :?
Ralphie

Post by Ralphie »

There is a lot not to like about Shelton's decisions. But he's coming back like it or not.

I like that Cherington dumped the pitching coach. I think he would dump Shelton too if it comes to that.