Deadline Trades Around the League

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
statscbl

Deadline Trades Around the League

Post by statscbl »

The Athletics’ front office made a big score on Wednesday morning, one they hope will lead to more big scores from their offense.

Oakland acquired outfielder Starling Marte from the Marlins for left-hander Jesús Luzardo, the A’s announced. The Marlins also will cover the majority of the roughly $4.6 million left of Marte’s salary this season.
statscbl

Re: Deadline Trades Around the League

Post by statscbl »

Joey Gallo goes to the Yankees for 4 prospects. The best rated in the traded was the Yankees #13 prospect.

All Star Eduardo Escobar goes to the Brewers. Escobar has 22 homers. I believe the return for Adam Frazier was considerably greater.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

The Pirates made a minor trade, no pun intended.

The Phillies are acquiring minor league lefty Braeden Ogle from the Pirates, tweets Robert Murray of FanSided. The Pirates will receive catcher Abrahan Gutierrez, according to Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Mackey also notes that the trade “likely plays into the Pirates’ impending Rule 5 crunch,” in that Ogle would be more likely to be taken than Gutierrez.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

Kyle Crick signs a minor league deal with the White Sox, assuming anyone cares.
The rumor is while the Pirates are trying to deal Richard Rodriguez, other teams are asking for David Bednar....Just a rumor so how would I know.
RagleGumm

Post by RagleGumm »

Kimbrel to the White Sox for Nick Madrigal and Codi Heuer. I have a feeling we're not going to like Madrigal being in the same division as the Pirates.

But that means the activity around a Rich Rod trade should be picking up right now.
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

Former Bucco Josh Harrison going to the A's
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

It is reported that Pirates traded Richard Rodriguez to the Braves for Bryse Wilson and Ricky Devito.
-I know Bryse Wilson is 23 and was a top 100 prospect in 2018. The Braves might have rushed him to the majors too fast as he only been average at best. They have been shuffling him back and forth.
- I know Ricky Devito is a 22 year old starting pitcher in high A. At 6'3 that puts him almost a foot and a half taller than Danny.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

The Pirates acquired 25 year old Michael Chavis from the Red Sox. Chavis was also a top 100 prospect with power in 2018. He hit 18 homers in the majors for the Red Sox in 2019. He has struggled in his time in the majors. The Pirates traded triple A catcher Austin Davis, not to be confused with Henry Davis.
Rellimie

Post by Rellimie »

statscbl wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:53 pm The Pirates acquired 25 year old Michael Chavis from the Red Sox. Chavis was also a top 100 prospect with power in 2018. He hit 18 homers in the majors for the Red Sox in 2019. He has struggled in his time in the majors. The Pirates traded triple A catcher Austin Davis, not to be confused with Henry Davis.
Only room for one Davis in this organization