Frazier to padres

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
Rellimie

Re: Frazier to padres

Post by Rellimie »

Dan_Stonerook wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:03 am Marcano's scouting report sure seems similar to Frazier.
I think worst case he will be another Frazier, which would make the trade a win IMO.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

I love the discussion on the board and the different perspectives that are being shared. Let's keep it going especially from new posters.
bucco boy

Post by bucco boy »

The pitching is nowhere near where it needs to be to contend in the division. The position players had a base, but without the pitching it doesn't matter.
The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
Rellimie

Post by Rellimie »

bucco boy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:03 pm The pitching is nowhere near where it needs to be to contend in the division. The position players had a base, but without the pitching it doesn't matter.
If enough of these players develop they should be able to move some for pitching down the road.

I think GMBC is analyzing the changing landscape of baseball and how the game is skewing more and more to hitting. Pitching is going to end up being so specialized even with starters.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

Rellimie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:10 pm
bucco boy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:03 pm The pitching is nowhere near where it needs to be to contend in the division. The position players had a base, but without the pitching it doesn't matter.
If enough of these players develop they should be able to move some for pitching down the road.

I think GMBC is analyzing the changing landscape of baseball and how the game is skewing more and more to hitting. Pitching is going to end up being so specialized even with starters.
I agree, plus very few pitchers stay healthy or good for very long anymore, especially relievers. I am sure Cherington is holding out to get a max return out of Richard Rodriguez and Tyler Anderson.
jollyroger

Post by jollyroger »

Rellimie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:44 am
Dan_Stonerook wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:03 am Marcano's scouting report sure seems similar to Frazier.
I think worst case he will be another Frazier, which would make the trade a win IMO.
Agreed. And while Frazier is a fine player, it seems like he’s probably having a 2006 Freddy Sanchez year and I’d be surprised if he’s this productive with the bat again.
Rocky21

Post by Rocky21 »

Unfortunately we won't be able to see a great Pirates team if we keep trading our stars for prospects. We may get lucky once in a while but we need a core to start with to win games. I agree that bad management decisions on and off the field got us to where we are now....... In the cellar. We have been hoping for years that management would build a great team. We will continue to wait and many of us will be Bucco fans.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

-Pirates' Tucupita Marcano: Heating up at Indy
Marcano is 9-for-30 with five walks in August for Triple-A Indianapolis.
He has hits in each of his last eight games and figures to make his way to Pittsburgh before season's end. Marcano has started at five positions in 12 starts for Indy, seeing time at second base, shortstop, third base, and the two corner outfield spots. The 21-year-old's versatility could add to his fantasy value whenever he becomes a major leaguer.

-Suwinski is hitting .308 for Altoona in 39 at bats with a ,404 obp....but 14 strike outs.
-Even though Millano was striking out just over 2 batters per inning this year before the trade, I am guessing he will be a work in progress for the Pirates.

- I am also glad to see Frazier holding his own for the Padres hitting .302 in 43 at bats. He has 11 singles, 2 doubles and 2 walks.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Good critiques everyone. There is something cathartic about listening to other Pirate fans who are also frustrated with our Buccos. Things won’t change for the Pirates until we can get rid of Nutting. He cares nothing for the team other than for business purposes. So he’ll keep peddling hope for Pirate fans and we’ll keep buying it as there is no other option because he has no intention on investing in the team. I just wish I knew how to get rid of him. The obvious way would be to stop supporting them, but that is the dilemma of the Pirate fan; we can’t.

Now I feel better.

Cheers,

Nicholas
Az Bucco fan

Post by Az Bucco fan »

Fans are staying away in droves. If there were 8800 fans in the stands last night it would be a huge surprise...padding the attendance stats....looked like a Condors game... :lol: :lol: :lol: