Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Animal wrote:
Quote:
And Lincoln's starting pitching thus far has been unacceptable. Or do you not remember his first three starts this season?


Really?? and what kinda stats are you using for your hypothesis??

What was wrong with his first start, May 14th against Florida? He went 6 innings, 4 hits, 2 walks, 3 Ks, 2 Earned Runs and won 3-2? Is there some stat I am missing that meant that was unacceptable??

Yeah, he slumped a little in a few starts in June, before having perhaps the best start of any pitcher this year on June 24th against the Tigers...and has been pretty much lights out ever since. You don't think there is any chance that he finally started using all his pitches in that last start and put it together? How is 2 great starts and 3 below averages ones unacceptable. Bedard has been making about one good start for every four bad ones and you believe that is good.

"Below average" is sugar coating it: Lincoln gave up a run per inning in those 3 starts in June. That's awful. There's a reason why his ERA as a starter this season is 6.08.

I never said that Bedard was good. I said that he was better than Correia. Big difference.

But I tire of this argument. You are clearly too entrenched in your position to be willing to listen to reason. You also feel some insatiable need to be an opportunistic asshole about your boy Correia, despite the fact that it doesn't garner you any points with other posters. You're acting like a troll who apparently feels like he doesn't get enough attention, and I'm done with it. This argument is no longer fun. Goodnight.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 673
Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:
Quote:
And Lincoln's starting pitching thus far has been unacceptable. Or do you not remember his first three starts this season?


Really?? and what kinda stats are you using for your hypothesis??

What was wrong with his first start, May 14th against Florida? He went 6 innings, 4 hits, 2 walks, 3 Ks, 2 Earned Runs and won 3-2? Is there some stat I am missing that meant that was unacceptable??

Yeah, he slumped a little in a few starts in June, before having perhaps the best start of any pitcher this year on June 24th against the Tigers...and has been pretty much lights out ever since. You don't think there is any chance that he finally started using all his pitches in that last start and put it together? How is 2 great starts and 3 below averages ones unacceptable. Bedard has been making about one good start for every four bad ones and you believe that is good.

"Below average" is sugar coating it: Lincoln gave up a run per inning in those 3 starts in June. That's awful. There's a reason why his ERA as a starter this season is 6.08.

I never said that Bedard was good. I said that he was better than Correia. Big difference.

But I tire of this argument. You are clearly too entrenched in your position to be willing to listen to reason. You also feel some insatiable need to be an opportunistic asshole about your boy Correia, despite the fact that it doesn't garner you any points with other posters. You're acting like a troll who apparently feels like he doesn't get enough attention, and I'm done with it. This argument is no longer fun. Goodnight.


Basically this. Just complete trollery. Not even fun to come to the board when one person feels the need to just go "LOOK AT ME" all the time. Cringeworthy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:
Quote:
And Lincoln's starting pitching thus far has been unacceptable. Or do you not remember his first three starts this season?


Really?? and what kinda stats are you using for your hypothesis??

What was wrong with his first start, May 14th against Florida? He went 6 innings, 4 hits, 2 walks, 3 Ks, 2 Earned Runs and won 3-2? Is there some stat I am missing that meant that was unacceptable??

Yeah, he slumped a little in a few starts in June, before having perhaps the best start of any pitcher this year on June 24th against the Tigers...and has been pretty much lights out ever since. You don't think there is any chance that he finally started using all his pitches in that last start and put it together? How is 2 great starts and 3 below averages ones unacceptable. Bedard has been making about one good start for every four bad ones and you believe that is good.

"Below average" is sugar coating it: Lincoln gave up a run per inning in those 3 starts in June. That's awful. There's a reason why his ERA as a starter this season is 6.08.

I never said that Bedard was good. I said that he was better than Correia. Big difference.

But I tire of this argument. You are clearly too entrenched in your position to be willing to listen to reason. You also feel some insatiable need to be an opportunistic asshole about your boy Correia, despite the fact that it doesn't garner you any points with other posters. You're acting like a troll who apparently feels like he doesn't get enough attention, and I'm done with it. This argument is no longer fun. Goodnight.


Right, you said Bedard was better than Correai, which statistically, WITH IMPORTANT STATISTICS, is wrong.

You also said that Lincoln's starts have been unacceptable, questioning especially his first three, which I showed you again, is wrong.

...and please explain to me how I am a troll complaining about Bedard, when some posters post daily about particular players such as Barmes?? and I bet you are not done with this and have not gone to bed. But goodnightt!

And please, make your arguments without having to call someone an asshole.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am
Posts: 1444
Location: Eastern Shore
Trying to be positive here............







Still trying..............






Hmmm................









Hey! We only struck out four times tonight! While I haven't been on this board very long, one of my pet peeves is guys who strike out a lot and yet never walk. If most of the pitches you take are strikes, well, you're doing something wrong. And today we walked as often as we stuck out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4983
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
Ugh.

_________________
Iowa State Cyclones (2-4) at Texas Longhorns (2-4)
Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
October 18, 2014
7:00 PM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 923
Location: Rochester, New York
Animal wrote:
Right, you said Bedard was better than Correai, which statistically, WITH IMPORTANT STATISTICS, is wrong.


Animal, the entire board knows that you evaluate players retrospectively with caveman era statistics. Some of us like to evaluate players using projections and numbers that have proven to be quite good at projecting future performance. Of course there are going to be outliers just as there are with any statistic. The fact that you don't understand them does not make them unimportant.

When you're constantly looking back it's difficult to look forward. Try it and maybe you'll learn as much as I have in my few years of reading the board.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:58 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
JollyRoger wrote:
Animal wrote:
Right, you said Bedard was better than Correai, which statistically, WITH IMPORTANT STATISTICS, is wrong.


Animal, the entire board knows that you evaluate players retrospectively with caveman era statistics. Some of us like to evaluate players using projections and numbers that have proven to be quite good at projecting future performance. Of course there are going to be outliers just as there are with any statistic. The fact that you don't understand them does not make them unimportant.

When you're constantly looking back it's difficult to look forward. Try it and maybe you'll learn as much as I have in my few years of reading the board.


Caveman era statistics??

Well, the game is still won by scoring more runs than your opponent, right?

Getting on base, scoring runs, and driving in runs is still important, right? Giving up less runs than the opposing pitcher is still the way to go, right? Solid defense is more imporant than not playing solid defense, right??

When evaluating someone, I try to look at everything, all the numbers, including WATCHING THEM PLAY! No one or two statistics alone can allow you to say someone is better than someone else.

I don't care what numbers you want to look at, nobody in the world is going to convince me that Bedard has pitched better than Correia this year. Nobody is going to convince me that the team would not have been stronger with Lincoln in the rotation (a moot point, now) than either of them. Nobody is going to convince me that a successful starter is not more important that a successful reliever. Why do they call getting sent from rotation to the pen a "demotion"?

Maybe I am just a caveman, then. Geico, anyone?

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2247
Location: Naples, FL
I think you need to have a wins stat for position players because clearly scoring more runs than the opponent is the most important thing.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
Lastnight was Hurdle's birthday. What a Birthday present!

I watched the whole game. I must say I can tolerate the blowout loss, but I couldn't stand Gloria Estefan sing Take Me Out To The Ball Game. I wanted to poke my ears out with a paperclip.

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
I think you need to have a wins stat for position players because clearly scoring more runs than the opponent is the most important thing.

If Animal had his way, position players would be graded on his very scientific Goat and Stars posts.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 923
Location: Rochester, New York
Animal wrote:
JollyRoger wrote:
Animal wrote:
Right, you said Bedard was better than Correai, which statistically, WITH IMPORTANT STATISTICS, is wrong.


Animal, the entire board knows that you evaluate players retrospectively with caveman era statistics. Some of us like to evaluate players using projections and numbers that have proven to be quite good at projecting future performance. Of course there are going to be outliers just as there are with any statistic. The fact that you don't understand them does not make them unimportant.

When you're constantly looking back it's difficult to look forward. Try it and maybe you'll learn as much as I have in my few years of reading the board.


Caveman era statistics??

Well, the game is still won by scoring more runs than your opponent, right?

Getting on base, scoring runs, and driving in runs is still important, right? Giving up less runs than the opposing pitcher is still the way to go, right? Solid defense is more imporant than not playing solid defense, right??

When evaluating someone, I try to look at everything, all the numbers, including WATCHING THEM PLAY! No one or two statistics alone can allow you to say someone is better than someone else.

I don't care what numbers you want to look at, nobody in the world is going to convince me that Bedard has pitched better than Correia this year. Nobody is going to convince me that the team would not have been stronger with Lincoln in the rotation (a moot point, now) than either of them. Nobody is going to convince me that a successful starter is not more important that a successful reliever. Why do they call getting sent from rotation to the pen a "demotion"?


And why do you think Lincoln got demoted? Because he proved many times that he was an ineffective starter. Both the numbers you look at and the numbers I look at tell us that. I'll grant you that a successful starter is much more valuable than a successful reliever but an ineffective and therefore unsuccessful starter is not valuable than a successful reliever.

Animal wrote:
Maybe I am just a caveman, then. Geico, anyone?


Save 15% or more of your free time by ignoring Animal's posts.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:25 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Willton wrote:
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
I think you need to have a wins stat for position players because clearly scoring more runs than the opponent is the most important thing.

If Animal had his way, position players would be graded on his very scientific Goat and Stars posts.



Who said anything about scientific? I do them for fan and most seem to enjoy them. I can stop putting the time into them any time the board wants.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Animal wrote:
Willton wrote:
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
I think you need to have a wins stat for position players because clearly scoring more runs than the opponent is the most important thing.

If Animal had his way, position players would be graded on his very scientific Goat and Stars posts.



Who said anything about scientific? I do them for fan and most seem to enjoy them. I can stop putting the time into them any time the board wants.

I was being facetious. The Goat and Stars posts are well liked and you shouldn't stop them on my account.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:16 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
You know, we all want the same thing here...for the Pirates to win.

Certainly, we all have differing ideas about who is most valuable, who is not, roles for players, how to evaluate, etc. There is nothing wrong with that. Differences of opinons to discuss and debate are fun and good. There are a lot of different ways to evaluate players. No one way is superior over another, nor is one poster better or smarter because they have that belief. Consequently, not buying into a lot of the stats does not make one any less of a fan, or any less knowledgable. You just have to look at everything, and form your own opinion.

I don't know why a couple of you got so bent out of shape about my post about Bedard last night. You know how I feel about him in the rotation. I know how you feel. I did not call anyone an asshole for their opinion, and don't appreciate being called one for mine. I did not like that attacks from a few of you after that post. How was my post any different from the nearly daily posts about Barmes, about Presley, about Tabata? Am I not entilted to my opinion, or to point it out that yet again, Bedard had a bad start? To point out that he was done in last night by among other things, the long ball, which many have stated he doesn't give up, making him a better option than Correia?

We as Pirate fans should be celebrating this season, not attacking each other for differences of opinions.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
Animal wrote:
You know, we all want the same thing here...for the Pirates to win.

Certainly, we all have differing ideas about who is most valuable, who is not, roles for players, how to evaluate, etc. There is nothing wrong with that. Differences of opinons to discuss and debate are fun and good. There are a lot of different ways to evaluate players. No one way is superior over another, nor is one poster better or smarter because they have that belief. Consequently, not buying into a lot of the stats does not make one any less of a fan, or any less knowledgable. You just have to look at everything, and form your own opinion.

I don't know why a couple of you got so bent out of shape about my post about Bedard last night. You know how I feel about him in the rotation. I know how you feel. I did not call anyone an asshole for their opinion, and don't appreciate being called one for mine. I did not like that attacks from a few of you after that post. How was my post any different from the nearly daily posts about Barmes, about Presley, about Tabata? Am I not entilted to my opinion, or to point it out that yet again, Bedard had a bad start? To point out that he was done in last night by among other things, the long ball, which many have stated he doesn't give up, making him a better option than Correia?

We as Pirate fans should be celebrating this season, not attacking each other for differences of opinions.


Animal, you are being attacked for your lack of tact, not for your different opinion. Where was the Bedard post after his great start last week against the Cubs?

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 673
Animal wrote:
You know, we all want the same thing here...for the Pirates to win.

Certainly, we all have differing ideas about who is most valuable, who is not, roles for players, how to evaluate, etc. There is nothing wrong with that. Differences of opinons to discuss and debate are fun and good. There are a lot of different ways to evaluate players. No one way is superior over another, nor is one poster better or smarter because they have that belief. Consequently, not buying into a lot of the stats does not make one any less of a fan, or any less knowledgable. You just have to look at everything, and form your own opinion.

I don't know why a couple of you got so bent out of shape about my post about Bedard last night. You know how I feel about him in the rotation. I know how you feel. I did not call anyone an asshole for their opinion, and don't appreciate being called one for mine. I did not like that attacks from a few of you after that post. How was my post any different from the nearly daily posts about Barmes, about Presley, about Tabata? Am I not entilted to my opinion, or to point it out that yet again, Bedard had a bad start? To point out that he was done in last night by among other things, the long ball, which many have stated he doesn't give up, making him a better option than Correia?

We as Pirate fans should be celebrating this season, not attacking each other for differences of opinions.


I think you just rub people the wrong way when you come on after losses and start threads after games that basically say "haha I told you so about xyz player." It's just a not cool thing to do and you just do it all the time. Even if you right (and you're not alot of the time), it still is annoying as hell. You certainly have to know that if you are going to get confrontational like that you're going to get it right back. The answer is just to not pretend to be smarter. But if you decide to go that route (which again is really, really unfortunate) you better be able to handle the criticism that comes with it.

I'm sure you're a great guy in real life but those I told you so threads are awful. Just my thoughts.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:32 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Barrys Dopers wrote:
Animal wrote:
You know, we all want the same thing here...for the Pirates to win.

Certainly, we all have differing ideas about who is most valuable, who is not, roles for players, how to evaluate, etc. There is nothing wrong with that. Differences of opinons to discuss and debate are fun and good. There are a lot of different ways to evaluate players. No one way is superior over another, nor is one poster better or smarter because they have that belief. Consequently, not buying into a lot of the stats does not make one any less of a fan, or any less knowledgable. You just have to look at everything, and form your own opinion.

I don't know why a couple of you got so bent out of shape about my post about Bedard last night. You know how I feel about him in the rotation. I know how you feel. I did not call anyone an asshole for their opinion, and don't appreciate being called one for mine. I did not like that attacks from a few of you after that post. How was my post any different from the nearly daily posts about Barmes, about Presley, about Tabata? Am I not entilted to my opinion, or to point it out that yet again, Bedard had a bad start? To point out that he was done in last night by among other things, the long ball, which many have stated he doesn't give up, making him a better option than Correia?

We as Pirate fans should be celebrating this season, not attacking each other for differences of opinions.


Animal, you are being attacked for your lack of tact, not for your different opinion. Where was the Bedard post after his great start last week against the Cubs?


WHere was the post about Bedard's GREAT START last week?? Right here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9572 with just one response to it!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
Animal wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
Animal wrote:
You know, we all want the same thing here...for the Pirates to win.

Certainly, we all have differing ideas about who is most valuable, who is not, roles for players, how to evaluate, etc. There is nothing wrong with that. Differences of opinons to discuss and debate are fun and good. There are a lot of different ways to evaluate players. No one way is superior over another, nor is one poster better or smarter because they have that belief. Consequently, not buying into a lot of the stats does not make one any less of a fan, or any less knowledgable. You just have to look at everything, and form your own opinion.

I don't know why a couple of you got so bent out of shape about my post about Bedard last night. You know how I feel about him in the rotation. I know how you feel. I did not call anyone an asshole for their opinion, and don't appreciate being called one for mine. I did not like that attacks from a few of you after that post. How was my post any different from the nearly daily posts about Barmes, about Presley, about Tabata? Am I not entilted to my opinion, or to point it out that yet again, Bedard had a bad start? To point out that he was done in last night by among other things, the long ball, which many have stated he doesn't give up, making him a better option than Correia?

We as Pirate fans should be celebrating this season, not attacking each other for differences of opinions.


Animal, you are being attacked for your lack of tact, not for your different opinion. Where was the Bedard post after his great start last week against the Cubs?


WHere was the post about Bedard's GREAT START last week?? Right here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9572 with just one response to it!


Where in that post do you say you are wrong about Bedard and he is better than Correia? That is the game star thread not an annoying taunt post purposefully calling out those who disagree with you. The thread last night was completely tactless, Bedard has a bad start an therefore I'm so smart! Five days ago you looked like a fool saying Correia is better than Bedard.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 5102
Location: Washington, DC
Bedard pitches great at home. Correia's been good on the road. How about a SP platoon with Bedard starting at PNC Park and Correia taking the ball on the road?

I'm a GENIUS.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:44 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
RoxyChar wrote:
Animal wrote:
You know, we all want the same thing here...for the Pirates to win.

Certainly, we all have differing ideas about who is most valuable, who is not, roles for players, how to evaluate, etc. There is nothing wrong with that. Differences of opinons to discuss and debate are fun and good. There are a lot of different ways to evaluate players. No one way is superior over another, nor is one poster better or smarter because they have that belief. Consequently, not buying into a lot of the stats does not make one any less of a fan, or any less knowledgable. You just have to look at everything, and form your own opinion.

I don't know why a couple of you got so bent out of shape about my post about Bedard last night. You know how I feel about him in the rotation. I know how you feel. I did not call anyone an asshole for their opinion, and don't appreciate being called one for mine. I did not like that attacks from a few of you after that post. How was my post any different from the nearly daily posts about Barmes, about Presley, about Tabata? Am I not entilted to my opinion, or to point it out that yet again, Bedard had a bad start? To point out that he was done in last night by among other things, the long ball, which many have stated he doesn't give up, making him a better option than Correia?

We as Pirate fans should be celebrating this season, not attacking each other for differences of opinions.


I think you just rub people the wrong way when you come on after losses and start threads after games that basically say "haha I told you so about xyz player." It's just a not cool thing to do and you just do it all the time. Even if you right (and you're not alot of the time), it still is annoying as hell. You certainly have to know that if you are going to get confrontational like that you're going to get it right back. The answer is just to not pretend to be smarter. But if you decide to go that route (which again is really, really unfortunate) you better be able to handle the criticism that comes with it.

I'm sure you're a great guy in real life but those I told you so threads are awful. Just my thoughts.


Once again...how is this any different than the hundreds of posts when Barmes strikes out again with runners on base, and a poster mentions it?? or when someone posts that Tabata appears to not care, or that Presley does somethign stupid like getting caught stealing when you are down by 9 runs....or whatever??

We all post what happens when the evidence supports an argument we have made. Do I think I am smarter because Bedard has a bad night? No, I EXPECT a bad start from him every time. More often than not, it happens, so how does that make me any smarter??

I have no problems with "confrontational posts" or debating an issue, love discussing my point of view and why I think what I think....but let's keep it a civil message board with mutual respect, even when we disagree, and try not to call otehr posters an asshole.

I put up with crap at work that the average person just would not understand...live with 4 women, and enjoy coming here to blow off a little steam and discuss the Bucs, not to be called an asshole for pointing out that yet again, a guy has a bad start.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits