Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: July 30, 2012 Pirates (58-43) at Cubs (42-58)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:56 pm 

BD...I never said I was wrong about Bedard because I don't believe I am.

One good start does not a season make. That one good start, along with home games in June against the Royals and Twins have been his only good games going back two months. Over half of those starts, he failed to even get through 5 innings. Three times, he failed to get through FOUR innings. Since the start of June, he is 2-7, with a 6.54 ERA.

Correia, on the other hand, has been 6-1 over past two months...He has given the Bucs at least 5 innings in each and every one of those starts, and only once, at Saint Louis did he give up 5 runs. In 7 of those 10 games, he gave up 3 runs or less.

So, yes, regardless of what happens from here on out, I think the Bucs sent the wrong guy to the pen, and see why Correia was pissed about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:57 pm 

J_C_Steel wrote:
Bedard pitches great at home. Correia's been good on the road. How about a SP platoon with Bedard starting at PNC Park and Correia taking the ball on the road?

I'm a GENIUS.

Well I guess I am a genuis too JC, because I suggested that a month of so ago. Knowing the schedule ahead, the Bucs could have really worked that out. It made sense. Now, we are stuck with a bad pitcher in the rotation, and an average, but disgruntled, pitcher in the bullpen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:00 pm 

Animal wrote:
RoxyChar wrote:
Animal wrote:
You know, we all want the same thing here...for the Pirates to win.

Certainly, we all have differing ideas about who is most valuable, who is not, roles for players, how to evaluate, etc. There is nothing wrong with that. Differences of opinons to discuss and debate are fun and good. There are a lot of different ways to evaluate players. No one way is superior over another, nor is one poster better or smarter because they have that belief. Consequently, not buying into a lot of the stats does not make one any less of a fan, or any less knowledgable. You just have to look at everything, and form your own opinion.

I don't know why a couple of you got so bent out of shape about my post about Bedard last night. You know how I feel about him in the rotation. I know how you feel. I did not call anyone an asshole for their opinion, and don't appreciate being called one for mine. I did not like that attacks from a few of you after that post. How was my post any different from the nearly daily posts about Barmes, about Presley, about Tabata? Am I not entilted to my opinion, or to point it out that yet again, Bedard had a bad start? To point out that he was done in last night by among other things, the long ball, which many have stated he doesn't give up, making him a better option than Correia?

We as Pirate fans should be celebrating this season, not attacking each other for differences of opinions.

I think you just rub people the wrong way when you come on after losses and start threads after games that basically say "haha I told you so about xyz player." It's just a not cool thing to do and you just do it all the time. Even if you right (and you're not alot of the time), it still is annoying as hell. You certainly have to know that if you are going to get confrontational like that you're going to get it right back. The answer is just to not pretend to be smarter. But if you decide to go that route (which again is really, really unfortunate) you better be able to handle the criticism that comes with it.

I'm sure you're a great guy in real life but those I told you so threads are awful. Just my thoughts.

Once again...how is this any different than the hundreds of posts when Barmes strikes out again with runners on base, and a poster mentions it?? or when someone posts that Tabata appears to not care, or that Presley does somethign stupid like getting caught stealing when you are down by 9 runs....or whatever??

We all post what happens when the evidence supports an argument we have made. Do I think I am smarter because Bedard has a bad night? No, I EXPECT a bad start from him every time. More often than not, it happens, so how does that make me any smarter??

I have no problems with "confrontational posts" or debating an issue, love discussing my point of view and why I think what I think....but let's keep it a civil message board with mutual respect, even when we disagree, and try not to call otehr posters an asshole.

I put up with crap at work that the average person just would not understand...live with 4 women, and enjoy coming here to blow off a little steam and discuss the Bucs, not to be called an asshole for pointing out that yet again, a guy has a bad start.

I never called you an asshole. Listen if that's how you want to carry yourself it's a free world. You just have to understand if you want to act that way, you will get it RIGHT back. That's the way the world works.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:03 pm 

What's funny RoxyChar is just a couple nights ago, you invited me to the pub to watch with the gang. Why the hell would I want to do that with a bunch of hypocrites? Not sure who it was, but someone here called me an asshole over the thread. It's been deleted. Not that it bothers me, I have thick skin, but certainly not something I want to see when I come on for friendly Pirate discussion.

I will tell you, and whoever else wants to read it...you don't like my posts, then simply skip them and they won't piss you off.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm 

Animal wrote:
What's funny RoxyChar is just a couple nights ago, you invited me to the pub to watch with the gang. Why the hell would I want to do that with a bunch of hypocrites? Not sure who it was, but someone here called me an asshole over the thread. It's been deleted. Not that it bothers me, I have thick skin, but certainly not something I want to see when I come on for friendly Pirate discussion.

I will tell you, and whoever else wants to read it...you don't like my posts, then simply skip them and they won't piss you off.

Deal. But the much more adult way to handle it would be to treat the rest of the community with respect. All about the way you want to carry yourself. Me, I like to treat people with respect even when I disagree with them. You don't appear to want to do the same thing and that's fine. Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:16 pm 

RoxyChar wrote:
Animal wrote:

Deal. But the much more adult way to handle it would be to treat the rest of the community with respect. All about the way you want to carry yourself. Me, I like to treat people with respect even when I disagree with them. You don't appear to want to do the same thing and that's fine. Good luck to you.

SERIOUSLY?? Once again, it was not ME who called someone an asshole for posting a disagreeable message. lol :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:19 pm 

Animal wrote:
RoxyChar wrote:
Animal wrote:

SERIOUSLY?? Once again, it was not ME who called someone an asshole for posting a disagreeable message. lol :D

Yeah me neither.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:23 pm 

Animal wrote:
RoxyChar wrote:
Animal wrote:

I did, and the label was appropriate at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:26 pm 

Animal, now it seems you're just whining. I know of people who have not posted as much because they are tired of you. Some were also pissed when you called the board out for not posting as much.

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...