Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Stars for 06/09
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:43 pm 

WOW! NICE WIN! Another series win. Just a game out of first place! Four games above .500! Won 11 out of last 14. Way to go Bucs. The Bucs continue to do the little things to win. Scored 5 runs on just 6 hits. Only one extra base hit. But did WHAT they had to, WHEN they had to! Let's get right to it! Oh, one more thing...it's also nice to get a win and not having to rely on Cutch to do it.

STARTER: JMac. Not his best day this year. In fact, his worst. Only 4 innings. 3 Earned Runs. Lack of control. Calling this a bad start.

WIN: Jared Hughes goes 2.1 scoreless innings to earn the win. FANTASTIC GAME!

HOLD: Slaten gets a hold.

SAVE: Hanrahan goes 3 straight games for the first time this year to earn his 17th save in perfect fashion. Now tomorrow, maybe we get to see Grilli or Cruz get a save.

Star # 3: Barajas. He keeps it going tonight with 2 more hits, plus a walk and scores a run. I am starting to like him more and more every game. I think he and McHenry are a nice catching combination.

Star #2: Presley. He keeps on doing what your leadoff guy is supposed to do, getting on base. Two hits. Two stolen bases. He didn’t score any runs tonight, but that’s because the guys behind him didn’t really do their job. He did drive in a run with an infield hit.

Star #1: After much thought, I am giving the #1 star to Jared Hughes. He came up huge tonight. Bullpen was forced to go 5 innings. Hughes managed to give then 2.1 great innings. He gave up only 1 hit, no walks, and 2 K’s. He threw just 25 pitches to 8 batters…17 for strikes.

Honorable Mention: Lots of little contributors tonight. I am starting with an HM for every member of the bullpen, giving us 5 scoreless innings, as instrumental in this win as anybody. Resop wasn’t perfect, but got through an inning without any runs. He was followed by Slaten 2/3, Hughes (who got the #1 star), and Hanrahan. I was a little surprised that the official scorer did not give the win to Resop. But I think Hughes deserved it more, so good call. I am giving Alvarez an HM too. No hits, and stranded three runners, but got on base twice with two walks, scored a run, and continues to play fantastic defense at 3b. Made an awesome catch in foul ground tonight.

STANDINGS
Cutch 48
McDonald 38.5
Alvarez 35.5
Burnett 32.5
Walker 30
Tabata 29.5
Bedard 24.5
Harrison 22
Presley 21.5
GJones 19
Barajas 19
Correia 18
Barmes 17.5
Lincoln 17
Hanrahan 15.5
Grilli 12
Hughes 11.5
Cruz 11
McHenry 10
Hague 10
McGeehee 10
Watson 8.75
Resop 5.25
Morton 4.5
Karstens 4.0
Meek 3.25
Slaten 3
Navarro 3.0
McLouth 2.5
Hernandez 1.0
Mercer 0.5

Post subject: Re: Animal's Stars for 06/09
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:06 am 

Animal wrote:
SAVE: Hanrahan goes 3 straight games for the first time this year to earn his 17th save in perfect fashion. Now tomorrow, maybe we get to see Grilli or Cruz get a save.

I suggest that Hurdle avoided using Grilli in the 8th inning to save him for the 9th inning tomorrow, if needed.

Agree that Hughes deserves the No. 1 star; maybe Hot Rod No. 2? I also think Slaten deserves No. 3. He enters a 5-3 game with the outcome still very much in doubt, runners 1st and 2nd, no outs, and retires the two lefties.

And does so such that the two runners never even advance a base, so that when Hughes gets into the game, the tying run is STILL not in scoring position.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:09 am 

as opposed to going to the dentist and picking 3 of your favorite events happening during the root canal, this is like choosing 3 of your favorite pieces of candy at the candy store...

as long as hughes is the number 1...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:24 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Animal wrote:

I suggest that Hurdle avoided using Grilli in the 8th inning to save him for the 9th inning tomorrow, if needed.

Agree that Hughes deserves the No. 1 star; maybe Hot Rod No. 2? I also think Slaten deserves No. 3. He enters a 5-3 game with the outcome still very much in doubt, runners 1st and 2nd, no outs, and retires the two lefties.

And does so such that the two runners never even advance a base, so that when Hughes gets into the game, the tying run is STILL not in scoring position.

I am SURE that's why he didn't use Grilli. But I thought he might use Grilli in the 9th tonight...but it's all good! I do think Slaten's contribution was huge, but with a 2 run lead, and him only going 2/3 of an inning, I decided to go with the HM.