Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 06/05 Pirates (27-26) @ Reds (30-23)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10512
Az Bucco fan wrote:
.... can you believe @#$%in' Barmes? :P :P :P

Az, just because Bucfan kept saying, "@#$%in' Barmes" when we spoke does NOT mean that his first name is actually "@#$%in'."

Oh, and Bucfan always had Barmes' back. Never doubted him for a @#$%in' second.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 06/05 Pirates (27-26) @ Reds (30-23)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 3879
Location: Glenshaw, PA
Bucfan wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:
.... can you believe @#$%in' Barmes? :P :P :P

Az, just because Bucfan kept saying, "@#$%in' Barmes" when we spoke does NOT mean that his first name is actually "@#$%in'."

Oh, and Bucfan always had Barmes' back. Never doubted him for a @#$%in' second.


Two good games does not really count as a turnaround. He has shown flashes like this before and went right back in the tank. His ops (.523)is the highest its been since May 6th. Amazingly he has 7 multi-hit games this year accounting for 16 of his 29 total hits.

_________________
Well NH did get Cutch signed, but what have you done for me lately?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 06/05 Pirates (27-26) @ Reds (30-23)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:10 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3484
Location: Economy, PA
Pedro can be optioned.

Nice to see some offense. I hope it continues although Cueto is tough.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 06/05 Pirates (27-26) @ Reds (30-23)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 792
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
historyprof wrote:
Watching the game here in Indiana on Fox Sports Midwest. Reds color guy called Walker's fly ball to the warning track a "popup." I suppose that's true in the Great American Small Park. But still.


I too had to watch the Reds broadcast. In the past I've found their announcers to be pretty good. But Jeff "Cowboy" Brantley is extremely irritating. Both he and the play by play announcer made WAY too much noise early in the game about the Pirates rankings in BA, runs scored...etc... all while the Pirates we're kicking the Red's behinds. It was soooo much fun to hear the park and the broadcast booth quiet after the 8-3 lead took effect.

Keep it up boys!

Z


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 06/05 Pirates (27-26) @ Reds (30-23)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3070
ParrotLuv wrote:
In the past I've found their announcers to be pretty good.


No no no. I know it's cliche to hate on announce crews, but as a Cincinnati resident I find their crew to be simply abysmal by just about every measure, and a few of my diehard Reds fan friends agree. And that's a shame, because I generally find it to be a fine baseball city. "The Cowboy" is a joke. I guess I can understand why some people find his shtick endearing or entertaining in some way but I find it painful. But the worst is Chris Welsh, especially the uber-conservative rants he goes any time anything remotely reminiscent of patriotism comes up, such as "God bless America" singings on Sundays or what have you. And then on the radio you have the always entitled Mary Brennaman who claimed there was "no light at the end of the tunnel" a few years ago regarding the Pirates after Huntington took over, and said that the president of the college he was speaking at was "queer" for having softball at the event. I left before the 9th last night (I was with 3 Reds fans, so I didn't blame them) and we were listening to it in the car and the father-son duo of Marty and Thom Brennaman were disgusted at how long Juan Cruz was taking to pitch. Since I didn't see it, maybe they had a point, but alas, they're bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 06/05 Pirates (27-26) @ Reds (30-23)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:13 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6160
We had to suffer through Thom for a few years here in Phoenix. He is awful, never shuts up. Deron Sutton, his replacement, is equally awful .


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 06/05 Pirates (27-26) @ Reds (30-23)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7187
TheShark wrote:
ParrotLuv wrote:
In the past I've found their announcers to be pretty good.


No no no. I know it's cliche to hate on announce crews, but as a Cincinnati resident I find their crew to be simply abysmal by just about every measure, and a few of my diehard Reds fan friends agree. And that's a shame, because I generally find it to be a fine baseball city. "The Cowboy" is a joke. I guess I can understand why some people find his shtick endearing or entertaining in some way but I find it painful. But the worst is Chris Welsh, especially the uber-conservative rants he goes any time anything remotely reminiscent of patriotism comes up, such as "God bless America" singings on Sundays or what have you. And then on the radio you have the always entitled Mary Brennaman who claimed there was "no light at the end of the tunnel" a few years ago regarding the Pirates after Huntington took over, and said that the president of the college he was speaking at was "queer" for having softball at the event. I left before the 9th last night (I was with 3 Reds fans, so I didn't blame them) and we were listening to it in the car and the father-son duo of Marty and Thom Brennaman were disgusted at how long Juan Cruz was taking to pitch. Since I didn't see it, maybe they had a point, but alas, they're bad.


I listened to alot of the opponent's radio feeds when I was in Montana listening on XM. The Pirates announcers, while they have their faults, are some of the best in the league. That's my opinion.

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 06/05 Pirates (27-26) @ Reds (30-23)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 792
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
I think our announcers are pretty good and they're reasonably objective, and only slightly "homerish". Apparently Walkie made a play on a foul ball last night too! According to Cowboy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 06/05 Pirates (27-26) @ Reds (30-23)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1469
Willton wrote:
Charleston_Charlies wrote:
And googbye Homer Bailey. Goodness, I hate the Reds! I'll explain some day in an epic post, but I hate them more than any team in any sport at any level.

At the very least, he has a stupid name.




had some cards printed up for a couple of bucks.......


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits