Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Stars for 05/03
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:28 pm 

Good win on getaway day. Salvage last game of series and make a tough road trip not too bad, 3-4.

STARTER: Bedard. Good start. Rough beginning, but settled down. 11 Ks in 5 innings. Needed more than 5 innings though to make it a great start.

WP: Bedard.

Holds: Hughes, Cruz, and Grilli

Star #3: Barmes... 2-4 with 2 doubles and 2 RBI. Made his sixth error though.

Star #2: Tabata....good to see his bat going again. 3-5 with 2 runs and a SB.

Star #1: Yet again, the vote goes to Pedro! 2-4 with 2 hits, 2 runs, 2 RBI..another HR. He is now tied for second in the NL in HR! WOW!

Honorable Mention: Giving Bedard an HM for sucking it up after the bad start...giving us 5 innings, and striking out 11. GJones 2-3 plus a walk and a run. Hughes and Grilli each get an honorable mention for solid innings of relief. Each and every one of these guys contributed to the win. Cruz and Hanrahan got the job done but were a little shakey, so no HMs for them.

STANDINGS
Alvarez 22.5
Bedard 16.5
Correia 16.0
McDonald 14.5
Presley 13.5
ACutch 12.5
Walker 11.0
Tabata 10.5
GJones 10.0
Cruz 8.5
Morton 8.0
Burnett 7.0
Lincoln 6.5
McGeehee 6.0
Hanrahan 5.0
Barmes 5.0
Grilli 4.75
Meek 4.25
Karstens 4.0
Watson 3.5
Navarro 3.0
Harrison 2.5
Hughes 1.50
Hague 1.0
McHenry 1.0
Resop 0.0
Barajas -1.5

Post subject: Re: Animal's Stars for 05/03
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:23 am 

I was expecting Pedro to bounce back this year.

But so far he has done way more than just bounce back. Everyone knew the power was there and its great to finally see it action for the first time since his rookie year.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:43 am 

I agree Fuzzy. You know, baseball is a funny game. I think it is so much more mental than other sports. It's like turning a switch off and on. Look at Presley for example..he had a long hitting streak, was doing very well, then all of a sudden went something like 0-17. You really cannot explain some of these occurrances in baseaball.

But back to Pedro...I had confidence in Pedro. I saw something in him when he first came up that led me to believe he is going to be successful. He had always been a slow starter at every level. I think after the poor start last year, then trying to play through injuries, he just never got it going. When some fans were on him, calling hiim fat and lazy, I tried to stay positive. I hope he proves them all wrong.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:30 pm 

That is why I love the game. Each season can be totally different and unexpected. It seems like new great players emerge out of nowhere every year.

Pedro obviously has the potential to be a star in the batters box and hopefully his mind stays straight. I would love to see him prove all of his haters wrong.

This team needs nothing more than a power threat and Pedro could be the guy who eventually pushes the Pirates over the hump.