Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's goat and stars for 05/01
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:40 am 

YUCK! What more can you say?

STARTER: Morton...bad start. No help from his defense, looked good at times, but ultimately gave up 6 runs (5 earned) on 8 hits and 2 walks in 4 1/3 innings.

GOAT: Lots of options...Morton...Hughes and Watson, who made a bad game worse...Presley, who went 0-5 with 3 Ks and 2 runners stranded....but in the end, I am giving the goat to Barmes. 0-2 at the plate, and the worst of errors...on the pitcher with the bases loaded, in what would have gotten Morton out of the inning.

STAR # 3: Walker 2-3 with a run.

STAR #2: Tabata 1-4 with 2 runs and 2 RBI

STAR #1
: Vote for Pedro! 2-3 with another monster HR. 1 Run. 3 RBI

Honorable Mention: GJones 1-4 with a run and 2 RBI. Lincoln, who was the only pitcher to do his job.

Just a note...look who is on top of the standings!

STANDINGS
Alvarez 16.5
Correia 16.0
McDonald 14.5
Presley 13.5
Bedard 13.0
ACutch 12.5
Burnett 11.0
Walker 11.0
GJones 9.5
Tabata 8.5
Cruz 8.25
Morton 8.0
McGeehee 6.0
Lincoln 5.5
Hanrahan 5.0
Meek 4.25
Barmes 4.0
Grilli 4.0
Karstens 4.0
Watson 3.5
Navarro 3.0
Hague 1.0
McHenry 1.0
Hughes 0.75
Harrison 0.0
Resop 0.0
Barajas -1.5

Post subject: Re: Animal's goat and stars for 05/01
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:54 am 

While it is hard to debate the importance of Barmes' error, I firmly believe that the goat belongs to Morton for this game. Barmes' error would not have mattered had Morton not had his head up his freaking derriere. For some inexplicable reason, Morton decided that it was unimportant to take a look at the baserunners in both the third and the fourth innings. My neighbor, the Cardinals fan, and I were watching together and I told him "Look at Morton, he's nto holding the runners. He's not hesitating. The Cards are going to have a field day with this. Shortly after, Holliday stole against him in the 3rd inning and then Molina stole against him in the 4th inning. Molina wouldn't steal that base unless the pitcher forgot about him. Morton went freaking brain dead on the mound. His head was not in the game.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:14 am 

No. 9 wrote:
While it is hard to debate the importance of Barmes' error, I firmly believe that the goat belongs to Morton for this game. Barmes' error would not have mattered had Morton not had his head up his freaking derriere. For some inexplicable reason, Morton decided that it was unimportant to take a look at the baserunners in both the third and the fourth innings. My neighbor, the Cardinals fan, and I were watching together and I told him "Look at Morton, he's nto holding the runners. He's not hesitating. The Cards are going to have a field day with this. Shortly after, Holliday stole against him in the 3rd inning and then Molina stole against him in the 4th inning. Molina wouldn't steal that base unless the pitcher forgot about him. Morton went freaking brain dead on the mound. His head was not in the game.

Yeah, I thought about it...if he had not gotten to the point, the error would not have mattered, but on the other hand, I think if he did not make the error, then the whole game turns out different.

If I did not start giving the "starter points", I probably would have called Morton the goat, but he lost points on that, so I went with Barmes.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:30 am 

Animal wrote:
No. 9 wrote:

Yeah, I thought about it...if he had not gotten to the point, the error would not have mattered, but on the other hand, I think if he did not make the error, then the whole game turns out different.

If Morton had been minding the baserunners, Barmes's error would have been less consequential. Good pitchers minimize the damage caused by errors. Bad pitchers maximize such damage.