Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Animal's Heroes and Goats for Opening Day.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:30 pm 

Animal wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:
Thanks for doing this again. I know it takes your time but is much appreciated.
To early to decide but it seems somehow wrong for Bedard to lose a point because the team lost the game. He certainly pitched well enough to win and can't be blamed for the loss but the formula calls for the losing pitcher to deduct a point. Again it's just one game but keep an eye on that part of it for fairness.

No problem. I enjoy it. It makes me watch the games a little closer for the little things. It helps me reflect back on each game a litle more. I have fun with it.

Regrding Bedard..I actually thought about that, and was going to include it in the post. I am sure that sometime, he will earn a win he did not deserve. It's not a perfect system.

So what do you all think...give me your opinions. Should I continue to give a -1 for the pitcher who loses? Should I make an exception and not give it on a day when the pitcher "should have won"? Or should I do away with the -1 for losses altogether and just give the pitcher the goat if he deserves it.

Thoughts?

Animal, maybe if you go by what constitutes a "quality start" (which I guess is also debatable)...but a commonly accepted opinion or agreed upon definition of a quality start....that might help ranking the Pirate starting pitchers.