Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 6/12 Mets (31-33) @ Pirates (31-32) Gm 3/4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:51 pm 

bassoondirector wrote:
Diaz should be released. He is not contributing anything to this team.
I'm also tired of Cedeno's lack of offense.

This team NEEDS at least one more BIG OFFENSIVE PLAYER!

Jones needs to play more but he is not THE offensive threat that this team needs.

Pedro Alvarez could be that player but not at this time. And even with him in the lineup and producing, the Pirates are going to have to go outside the organization for the stick that I think this team needs.

As long as Cedeno keeps playing the D that he has been playing, I can live with his offense

Post subject: Re: 6/12 Mets (31-33) @ Pirates (31-32) Gm 3/4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:31 pm 

Well it's no suprise 60 some games into the season that this team needs to make some moves in the offensive way. I'm not okay with Cedeno anymore. I've never been okay with Diaz, and that started with the free agent pickup. Cedeno has been given enough time to prove himself, some 3 years now. Move on. How long does it take for the front office to realize that albeit he does have potential that it's just never going to come? Move on. Cut the ties with Ronnie. His salary isn't great that they can't just release him. You're probaby not going to get anything out of him. Ciriaco isn't the answer neither. Get rid of him. So who?

Time to bring up Chase and start his clock. He's got to have something. His defense is solid and he's been swinging a nice bat at Indy. Call him up. It's been to long since he's been drafted now going on to his mid-20's. Get him up here.

Because third base is a position where are "future" is on the DL continue to play Wood/Harrison. I got no answers there. Wood just isn't very good and Harrison, though a neat little spark plug he is, just doesn't have what it takes to be an everyday player. Isn't his slugging and on base percentages equal to his average? That's not good offensively.

Catcher. Who knows? Can't believe I'm missing Snyder and Doumit. Hurry up Sanchez!

Get Alex up here now. Make whatever roster move you need to make to get him to the Burgh.

It's been too long watching such pitching gems and no offense. It's getting old and fast.