Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
J_C_Steel wrote:
bassoondirector wrote:
It would be nice to see . . . consistency on offense and defense by Cedeno. At this point I would be thrilled if Cedeno just became a "steady" ballplayer.


You're more likely to see a giant whale swallow the Fukushimi nuclear plant in Japan.

Given the amount of radiation currently in the Pacific near Japan, that's not totally out of the realm of possibilities.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6283
Mothra! 8-) 8-) 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:54 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
IA Pirate wrote:
Pirates (3-1)

1. Tabata LF
2. Walker 2B
3. McCutchen CF
4. Overbay 1B
5. Alvarez 3B
6. Diaz RF
7. Jaramillo C
8. Cedeno SS
9. McDonald P (0-0)


Cardinals (1-3)

1. Theriot SS
2. Rasmus CF
3. Pujols 1B
4. Berkman RF
5. Craig LF
6. Freese 3B
7. Schumaker 2B
8. Laird C
9. McClellan (0-0)



Guess I was wrong about Rodriguez today!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 2148
Overbay, finally! Good start for the Buccos!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5430
Location: Pittsburgh
J_C_Steel wrote:
bassoondirector wrote:
It would be nice to see . . . consistency on offense and defense by Cedeno. At this point I would be thrilled if Cedeno just became a "steady" ballplayer.


You're more likely to see a giant whale swallow the Fukushimi nuclear plant in Japan.

Didn't that happen in a Godzilla movie?

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:52 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:09 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: Hingham, MA
Tough night for Pedro: 3 K's, a GIDP, and 4 LOB. Whew. Better times lie ahead, though, right?

_________________
If you think nobody notices you and you're all alone, try not paying your bills.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 2148
He looks a bit like he did when he first entered the league. Hopefully, he gets it going soon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:10 am
Posts: 96
gosh I hope so, but phew he has stunk so far. Are there any circumstances where we would send him to Indy? He needs to be our best hitter at the end of the year or we're in trouble for the future. I'll be rooting for him!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:10 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
bassoondirector wrote:
It would be nice to see Overbay get into the "swing" of things and start contributing and consistency on offense and defense by Cedeno. At this point I would be thrilled if Cedeno just became a "steady" ballplayer.

Other than that (although I've been disappointed in Meek's outings) I am thrilled with the Pirates so far!

GO BUCS!


Ask and you shall receive. Can you give me the powerball numbers??

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:11 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
psubar12 wrote:
gosh I hope so, but phew he has stunk so far. Are there any circumstances where we would send him to Indy? He needs to be our best hitter at the end of the year or we're in trouble for the future. I'll be rooting for him!


Send him to Indy?? come on, we have had FIVE GAMES!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: April 5, 2011 Pirates (3-1) at Cardinals (1-3)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:41 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
Animal wrote:
bassoondirector wrote:
It would be nice to see Overbay get into the "swing" of things and start contributing and consistency on offense and defense by Cedeno. At this point I would be thrilled if Cedeno just became a "steady" ballplayer.

Other than that (although I've been disappointed in Meek's outings) I am thrilled with the Pirates so far!

GO BUCS!


Ask and you shall receive. Can you give me the powerball numbers??


Looks to me like our man was reading this and decided to change the image he had been creating. Much improved tonight.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits