Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: April 2, 2011 Pirates (1-0) at Cubs (0-1)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:46 am 

TheShark wrote:
borohockey8 wrote:
I like Overbays bat, but I dont see his glove improving at all. Id rather have Laroche's glove than Overbays

I assume you're basing this on one error from today's game, and not his actual track record?

I mean Ive watched two games so far and on Opening Day he looked like he gave no effort on that throw by Pedro in the 1st inning even though it was a slightly high throw and then the crucial error in the 2nd game that led the Buccos to losing the game. Im an Overbay fan but his defense has not been impressive so far to me even though that is one of his strengths.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:06 am 

borohockey8 wrote:
TheShark wrote:
borohockey8 wrote:
I like Overbays bat, but I dont see his glove improving at all. Id rather have Laroche's glove than Overbays

I assume you're basing this on one error from today's game, and not his actual track record?

I mean Ive watched two games so far and on Opening Day he looked like he gave no effort on that throw by Pedro in the 1st inning even though it was a slightly high throw and then the crucial error in the 2nd game that led the Buccos to losing the game. Im an Overbay fan but his defense has not been impressive so far to me even though that is one of his strengths.

May i ask how old you are borohockey and how much baseball you watch?? I am not trying to knock you...I just get the impression you may be younger and not have seen a lot of baseball. Nothing wrong with that. If so, we will teach you correctly here! Lol

Overybay is known as a great defensive first baseman. He will be fine.

I think he misjudged the ball from Alvarez on opening day...it sailed at the last minute.

Oh, and welcome aboard the board!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:39 am 

I assume you're basing this on one error from today's game, and not his actual track record?[/quote]

May i ask how old you are borohockey and how much baseball you watch?? I am not trying to knock you...I just get the impression you may be younger and not have seen a lot of baseball. Nothing wrong with that. If so, we will teach you correctly here! Lol

I think he misjudged the ball from Alvarez on opening day...it sailed at the last minute.

Oh, and welcome aboard the board![/quote]

Thanks. Ive been a Pirates fan for the last 18 years or so. I watch a ton of baseball and I am 26 years old btw lol. I know its only the 2nd game of the season, but if the Buccos want to have a winning season, they have to win games like yesterday to achieve that goal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:19 pm 

borohockey8 wrote:

Oh, and welcome aboard the board![/quote]

Thanks. Ive been a Pirates fan for the last 18 years or so. I watch a ton of baseball and I am 26 years old btw lol. I know its only the 2nd game of the season, but if the Buccos want to have a winning season, they have to win games like yesterday to achieve that goal.[/quote]

Oh, I agree. Those are the kind of game the Bucs MUST win. They had it in had...three run lead with 2 innings to go. You cannot give those games away. See, I feel bad for the guys your age and younger, because they have never had a winning record in your time. But it will come! I think sooner rather than later. keep the faith!!!!

But back to Overbay, I am more worried about his hitting than his fielding. He will be okay!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:50 pm 

Animal wrote:
...three run lead with 2 innings to go. You cannot give those games away.

Pffffft ... says who????