Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:07 pm
Posts: 1586
Aki pinch hits down 1 run in the 9th with two outs????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well done, Russell.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
Who does JR have left on the Bench? Not to defend JR but the bench sucks too.

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:47 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
bassoondirector wrote:
Who does JR have left on the Bench? Not to defend JR but the bench sucks too.


That's better than Aki? Zach Duke and Brad Lincoln, for starters.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
Yeah, you're right BBF as sad as that is. I wasn't thinking of them at all.

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10604
Pirates better not fuck around and wind up with the 2nd worst record, behind the Orioles, and watch Rendon go to Baltimore.

I am serious as I can be. Enough bile-churning and uninspiring play. Just play the young players, go 58-104 and draft Rendon to go along with the young pitchers and the nucleus of good young position players.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:18 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Posts: 843
Bucfan wrote:
Pirates better not fuck around and wind up with the 2nd worst record, behind the Orioles, and watch Rendon go to Baltimore.

I am serious as I can be. Enough bile-churning and uninspiring play. Just play the young players, go 58-104 and draft Rendon to go along with the young pitchers and the nucleus of good young position players.


I'm totally fine with this plan.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:29 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:09 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: Hingham, MA
Agreed, Bucfan. I've had qualms about Alvarez, having seen him play twice this season, but I'm with those who think it's time to recall him. If he were to stay at AAA for, say, another month, how many more homers would he hit? Five? Six?

Proving what, exactly?

Bring him up, install him at 3B, and let's see what he can do against big-league pitching. We know he'll K pretty often. But it's not as though no one else in the lineup does that.

Besides, the season is already in the toilet anyway.

_________________
If you think nobody notices you and you're all alone, try not paying your bills.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
Bob in Boston wrote:
Agreed, Bucfan. I've had qualms about Alvarez, having seen him play twice this season, but I'm with those who think it's time to recall him. If he were to stay at AAA for, say, another month, how many more homers would he hit? Five? Six?

Proving what, exactly?

Bring him up, install him at 3B, and let's see what he can do against big-league pitching. We know he'll K pretty often. But it's not as though no one else in the lineup does that.

Besides, the season is already in the toilet anyway.


Agree with Bucfan and Bob.

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 1392
Location: A Pond or Lake Near You
On the plus side, we didn't strike out at all today.............

_________________
Kevin
Sensorcon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:04 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
Rochester wrote:
On the plus side, we didn't strike out at all today.............

Obviously that is not the formula for winning.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Detroit vs Pirates 6-13-10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
Bucfan wrote:
Pirates better not fuck around and wind up with the 2nd worst record, behind the Orioles, and watch Rendon go to Baltimore.

I am serious as I can be. Enough bile-churning and uninspiring play. Just play the young players, go 58-104 and draft Rendon to go along with the young pitchers and the nucleus of good young position players.

They're going to have lose more than 104 to surpass Baltimore, bucfan.

Take a look at the Orioles' W-L record over the past several years in August and September. They've not even started playing their worst baseball yet.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits