Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: April 9, 2010 Pirates (2-1) at Diamondbacks (2-1)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:49 am 

bassoondirector wrote:
Don't hold your breath Silver. "Donuts" isn't a good hitter. Between that and him not being able to catch the ball, I'll take Tony Sanchez right now.

Sadly, given his age (29) and health issues, his tradeability is severely hampered. Ideally he stays healthy and posts good number from here through the July 31st trade deadline. Maybe Clement moves behind the plate as a stop gap for Sanchez, Jones to first, and Young/Church/Tabata to RF?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:19 am 

Argentum wrote:
bassoondirector wrote:
Don't hold your breath Silver. "Donuts" isn't a good hitter. Between that and him not being able to catch the ball, I'll take Tony Sanchez right now.

Sadly, given his age (29) and health issues, his tradeability is severely hampered. Ideally he stays healthy and posts good number from here through the July 31st trade deadline. Maybe Clement moves behind the plate as a stop gap for Sanchez, Jones to first, and Young/Church/Tabata to RF?

I actually think, when healthy and playing regularly, Doumit is a good hitter...Is he going to hit 30 HR's? No, but he can hit for a good average, has pop in his bat (15 HR's + 30 Doubles), and can't field...
He has value, but I see it more in the American League where he could DH, and that would help reduce the injury factor by taking him off the field half the game...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 am 
 WWW  Profile

nad69dan wrote:
Argentum wrote:
bassoondirector wrote:

I actually think, when healthy and playing regularly, Doumit is a good hitter...Is he going to hit 30 HR's? No, but he can hit for a good average, has pop in his bat (15 HR's + 30 Doubles), and can't field...
He has value, but I see it more in the American League where he could DH, and that would help reduce the injury factor by taking him off the field half the game...

A catcher that can't field is a non-starter, period. Even if he has 30+ HRs and a high game calling up side. If we are sold on him being "Nomitts" (I turned the game off after the grand slam... felt horrible for Charlie), then as far as I'm concerned, JJ starts til Sanchez is ready.