Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am
Posts: 391
Maybe so. It didn't work out that way however. I don't believe this team has a "heart of the order" right now. With the way our lineup is currently constructed, I believe we have to play small ball from here on to score any runs. If it means bunting in the fifth in that situation so be it.

_________________
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?"-- UPPMB


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
omgardd wrote:
Maybe so. It didn't work out that way however. I don't believe this team has a "heart of the order" right now. With the way our lineup is currently constructed, I believe we have to play small ball from here on to score any runs. If it means bunting in the fifth in that situation so be it.

Well, it's a good thing you're not the game manager.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:10 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
Cedeno does what LaRoches failed to do, contact to the right side.

4-3 Bucs!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am
Posts: 391
Willton wrote:
omgardd wrote:
Maybe so. It didn't work out that way however. I don't believe this team has a "heart of the order" right now. With the way our lineup is currently constructed, I believe we have to play small ball from here on to score any runs. If it means bunting in the fifth in that situation so be it.

Well, it's a good thing you're not the game manager.



We're winning this game thanks to the Diamondbacks being piss poor in the field. I don't see how these 4 runs disproves my point.

_________________
"What other businesses do you expect to lose money for your entertainment?"-- UPPMB


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
omgardd wrote:
Willton wrote:
omgardd wrote:
Maybe so. It didn't work out that way however. I don't believe this team has a "heart of the order" right now. With the way our lineup is currently constructed, I believe we have to play small ball from here on to score any runs. If it means bunting in the fifth in that situation so be it.

Well, it's a good thing you're not the game manager.



We're winning this game thanks to the Diamondbacks being piss poor in the field. I don't see how these 4 runs disproves my point.

It doesn't. This does:
http://books.google.com/books?id=uxdvwQ ... 22&f=false

I suggest reading from the beginning of the chapter, which requires scrolling up.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6210
Location: Keystone State
Is the bullpen going to blow every lead the rest of the season?

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6210
Location: Keystone State
The whole Donnie Veal thing is puzzling now. I understand they were trying to protect him when the season wasn't in doubt. But we all know, people are pitching for jobs now so why isn't Veal being used against lefties. He can't be any worse than the guys right now.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:54 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
bucco boy wrote:
Is the bullpen going to blow every lead the rest of the season?


Don't ask the question if you aren't going to like the answer.... ;)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:09 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 756
The thing I hate the most...the closer gets the call in a non-save situation. Let's hope Capps doesn't crapps himself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 237
Chris Anderson wrote:
The thing I hate the most...the closer gets the call in a non-save situation. Let's hope Capps doesn't crapps himself.

There is no save situation for the home team in a tie game from the 9th inning on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:16 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 756
That's fine, but my point is the same...I don't like it when the closer pitches in a non-save situation. Your statement is irrelevant to what I am saying.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 237
Chris Anderson wrote:
That's fine, but my point is the same...I don't like it when the closer pitches in a non-save situation. Your statement is irrelevant to what I am saying.

So you're suggesting home teams never bring in their closers in extra inning games?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Chris Anderson wrote:
That's fine, but my point is the same...I don't like it when the closer pitches in a non-save situation. Your statement is irrelevant to what I am saying.


Is the closer supposed to be your best reliever?? So why not bring him in with the best chance to win the game?

And tonight, Capps has been AMAZING! WOW!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
I hate the bunt here... How often has Milledge bunted in his life? Let McCuthen steal...then hope for a hit from one of next three. Come on Russell!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Going to the 12th. Our bullpen can't hang on much longer.

_________________
I break more news than CIA posters break wind!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Colin21 wrote:
Going to the 12th. Our bullpen can't hang on much longer.



You got that right! Come on Bucs...we gotta salvage one of these games!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:14 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Animal wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Going to the 12th. Our bullpen can't hang on much longer.



You got that right! Come on Bucs...we gotta salvage one of these games!


Man, it's been a tough stretch. When is the Steelers first game?? lol

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:21 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
Colin21 wrote:
Going to the 12th. Our bullpen can't hang on much longer.


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10726
BBF - your pictorial is much more merciful than what the Pirates are right now. Horrifying, terrible, immediate and done - hey, maybe the picture does have a lot in common with the Pirates.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Snakes 8/6/09
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:31 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5634
Just a bad way to go down... a tough pill to swallow.

Pen couldn't hold it down and it just got uglier from there.

Tough one...

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits