Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: July 5, 2009 Pirates @ Marlins
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7102
PIRATES

McCutchen, CF
Wilson, SS
Moss, RF
Adam LaRoche, 1B
Jones, LF
Andy LaRoche, 3B
Vazquez, 2B
Jaramillo, C
Ohlendorf, P

MARLINS

Coghlan, LF
Bonifacio, SS
Uggla, 2B
Cantu, 1B
Hermida, RF
Ross, CF
Baker, C
Helms, 3B
Nolasco, P

Ohlendorf 7-6, 4.41 ERA vs Nolasco 5-6, 5.99 ERA


Zero All top of the 2nd...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10197
Pirates are just not hitting a lick right now. Nolasco hung 3 breaking pitches the top of the 2nd, one to each of the 3 batters. Andy took one for a ball (tad high but a pitch that gets killed if a Pirate pitcher throws it), Vazquez looked at one for a called strike, and Jaramillo grounded out to 2nd on the third.

The Pirates are just not a good hitting team with Sanchez and Doumit out of the lineup.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10197
Ohlendorf is not long for this game if he keeps throwing the ball belt-high. He is missing high over, and over, and over, and over, and over ... and over.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10197
3-0 Marlins. This game is over. It just has that feeling ... Pirates cannot hit for shit right now. Their swings and misses are downright embarrassing.

Scoring runs is not in the mix. Actually putting the bat on the ball is the order of business for the offense.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:19 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Bucfan wrote:
3-0 Marlins. This game is over. It just has that feeling ... Pirates cannot hit for shit right now. Their swings and misses are downright embarrassing.

Scoring runs is not in the mix. Actually putting the bat on the ball is the order of business for the offense.



I agree.....but this has the look to me of one of these games where they do nothing, then come on and score 7 runs in last 2 innings!

GO BUCS!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10197
Animal wrote:
I agree.....but this has the look to me of one of these games where they do nothing, then come on and score 7 runs in last 2 innings!

GO BUCS!

If the Pirates score 7 runs this game, I will send you a coupon for dinner at a Black Angus restaurant.

This line-up could not score 7 runs in 7 games.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:26 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Bucfan wrote:
Animal wrote:
I agree.....but this has the look to me of one of these games where they do nothing, then come on and score 7 runs in last 2 innings!

GO BUCS!

If the Pirates score 7 runs this game, I will send you a coupon for dinner at a Black Angus restaurant.

This line-up could not score 7 runs in 7 games.


COME ON BUCS!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10197
This game is beyond ugly. The game would need 3 cosmetic surgeries and lipstick to improve to ugliness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7102
Bucfan wrote:
This game is beyond ugly. The game would need 3 cosmetic surgeries and lipstick to improve to ugliness.


Or a case of Jimmy Buffett's Landshark...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 429
Location: Rural Ridge, PA
nad69dan wrote:
Bucfan wrote:
This game is beyond ugly. The game would need 3 cosmetic surgeries and lipstick to improve to ugliness.


Or a case of Jimmy Buffett's Landshark...


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:29 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6022
Do we really have to put up with another year of Vasquez? He is just totally worthless. Bixler would be better than him. LOL


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 429
Location: Rural Ridge, PA
Swing and miss. Way to finish it off guys. The same way ya started and played. Bad Bad Bad at bats today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10197
The line-up that took the field today was simply embarrassing. Way too many dogshit hitters, slumping batters, swing-and-miss guys.

The opposing pitcher can load the bases, no outs, with little fear. The next hitter will fan, and the guy after that hit a double play roller to second.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates @ Marlins 7-5-09
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Horrible game. 13 strikeouts and 3 hits.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits