Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: July 3rd, 2009 Pirates (36-43) at Marlins (41-39)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:51 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
Morton's stuff is in your words 'filthy'. He looks like he can be a good one. His fastball saws off right handers and when throw outside it can backdoor a frozen batter. And his curve ball falls off the earth. Plenty of speed and 5 good innings -- 1 hit 2 BB but one came in the pouring rain. He may be tiring now especially with the rain delay and need to stay warm underneath.

Go Charlie

Good Trade!

This would have been a good trade if it had been McLouth for Morton straight up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:04 pm 

Sure was tired in sixth. 2BB but no hits. Even when in trouble he fought hard and got out without a run. Very good start and the promise of many more.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:06 pm 

Animal wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:
Morton's stuff is in your words 'filthy'. He looks like he can be a good one. His fastball saws off right handers and when throw outside it can backdoor a frozen batter. And his curve ball falls off the earth. Plenty of speed and 5 good innings -- 1 hit 2 BB but one came in the pouring rain. He may be tiring now especially with the rain delay and need to stay warm underneath.

Go Charlie

Good Trade!

This would have been a good trade if it had been McLouth for Morton straight up.

You are a moron quit spitting out your stupid comments!
You have said that stupid ass commment 5 times animal one game and you think Morten is a Tom Seaver. Look Morten is good, but im sick of you saying Mclouth for Morten straight up is a good deal for the bucs!
The bucs got a good deal with the combined parts of the top piece of the pirates in the deal gorkys and 2 other young arms.

Ps Not like that damn Milledge with his 6 criminal arrests the damn bastard! :lol:

MILLEDGE IS NOT DUKES

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:21 pm 

So, I see that when you drink, Ryan, you get nasty. What is it beer? Wild Turkey? Jack Daniels? cheap wine?

Relax my friend.

Here comes another new face to pitch--Hanrahan(sp)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:34 pm 

Hanrahan throwing major heat. Last pitched called strike three low at the knees at 97 mph.

vrooooooooooooom!!!!!! 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:35 pm 

Not very pretty. ... but he sure can bring it 96, even 97 on the gun. But he must throw more strikes and other quality pitches. You know that if they can sit on heater only, they'll sure as heck turn it around and send it a long way.

We'll take it with the need for improvement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:20 pm 

Hanrahan shows why the Pirates have an interest in him, and why the Nats were frustrated with him.

He needs to get ahead of hitters more frequently, and develop a second pitch he can throw for a strike. His slider is his number two pitch right now, and for a guy out of the pen, a 95 mph fastball and hard slider are enough for him to succeed ... if he can throw the slider for strikes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:09 am 

Ryann wrote:
Animal wrote:
Substitute2 wrote:

Go Charlie

Good Trade!

You are a moron quit spitting out your stupid comments!
You have said that stupid ass commment 5 times animal one game and you think Morten is a Tom Seaver. Look Morten is good, but im sick of you saying Mclouth for Morten straight up is a good deal for the bucs!
The bucs got a good deal with the combined parts of the top piece of the pirates in the deal gorkys and 2 other young arms.

Ps Not like that damn Milledge with his 6 criminal arrests the damn bastard! :lol:

MILLEDGE IS NOT DUKES

Please grow up or go and post on some kindergarten page.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:10 am 

Please try to justify yourself for your stupid comments and lies instead of using kiddie insults. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:16 am 

Ryann wrote:
Please try to justify yourself for your stupid comments and lies instead of using kiddie insults. :roll:

Justify my comments?? You mean like you have done??

Okay, Nate McLouth was expendable. We traded him to get a pitcher (Morton--in case you are having difficulty following along) who has looked absolutely great so far. He has a great upside. McLouth was replaced by McCutchen fairly easily. Now do you understand?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:48 am 

Well i can still say i think i am right about Hanrahan. He wants to show off too much with his 98 mph fast ball, when he should be focused on getting people out. I think i would still rather have Burnett.
Also why does it seem that our Triple-A players have a harder time ajusting to off speed pitches than any other club in baseball. Garrett Jones, Andrew McCutchen, and Steve Pearce all have terrible trouble hitting off speed pitches.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:06 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Well i can still say i think i am right about Hanrahan. He wants to show off too much with his 98 mph fast ball, when he should be focused on getting people out. I think i would still rather have Burnett.
Also why does it seem that our Triple-A players have a harder time ajusting to off speed pitches than any other club in baseball. Garrett Jones, Andrew McCutchen, and Steve Pearce all have terrible trouble hitting off speed pitches.

You can't teach a 98 MPH fastball!

I can see what the Bucs are thinking here. If Kerrigan can help him with his control and working on some other stuff, he could be very good for us. Burnett was doing okay, but guys like him are not real difficult to find on the scrap heap. Heck, just last year, HE was on the scrap heap and nobody wanted him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:16 pm 

Ryann wrote:

Ryann, you need to learn how to let things go. The bit about Milledge is over. Move on.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:18 pm 

Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Ryann, you need to learn how to let things go. The bit about Milledge is over. Move on.

Amen Wilton...