Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pirates vs Indians 6/23
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:23 pm 

Argentum wrote:
Ryann wrote:
yeah in a game the pirates lost. Oh and in a game were he could have won the game for us with a single. Shit if laroche was batting 300 risp this year the pirates would be 500.

Right, because it was his fault that no one was on base when he hit that HR and single.

He needs to take advantage of oppurtunities when men are on base idiot. He had 3 men on and failed at the most crucial part of the game.
That homerun wouldnt of happened if there were men in scoring position same with the single! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:30 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
I gotta say, as soon as I saw him, I mumbled "Rally Killer" to my wife. She nodded knowingly.

Heck, its not about did he have a good game, or not. Its about what he did in the situation required of him. I give him props for his approach, but believe it out of the norm, not the norm.

ZM

Timing ZM, timing. Adam thought the rally was supposed to start in his first AB of the 9th inning, not his second AB in the same inning. He missed the memo that said he should save the HR until after the bases were occupied.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:32 pm 

Argentum wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:
I gotta say, as soon as I saw him, I mumbled "Rally Killer" to my wife. She nodded knowingly.

Heck, its not about did he have a good game, or not. Its about what he did in the situation required of him. I give him props for his approach, but believe it out of the norm, not the norm.

ZM

Timing ZM, timing. Adam thought the rally was supposed to start in his first AB of the 9th inning, not his second AB in the same inning. He missed the memo that said he should save the HR until after the bases were occupied.

That isn't the point. The point is he fails when the pressure is on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:36 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Argentum wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

There wouldnt have been a pressure situation if he had phoned it in his 1st at bat in the ninth inning and hit the HR...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:38 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Argentum wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

So runs scored when the pressure is "off" are somehow not as important as runs scored when the pressure is "on"? Hmmmm.......wouldn't scoring more runs in no pressure situations reduce the need to score runs in high pressure situations, and if so, wouldn't that by it's very nature also make low pressure situations high pressure? Or does my idiocy preclude me from making such observations?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:43 pm 

Argentum wrote:
Ryann wrote:

So runs scored when the pressure is "off" are somehow not as important as runs scored when the pressure is "on"? Hmmmm.......wouldn't scoring more runs in no pressure situations reduce the need to score runs in high pressure situations, and if so, wouldn't that by it's very nature also make low pressure situations high pressure? Or does my idiocy preclude me from making such observations?

Attachment:
BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig[1].gif
BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig[1].gif [ 7.13 KiB | Viewed 205 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:02 pm 

Quote:

Your argument makes :lol: NO SENSE :lol:. You are trying to say Laroche is a clutch hitter. He fails at the beginning of the year because that is when the pirates are still in contention. When they fall out is when adam begins to hit. And when they are losing by 5 he can hit. But when the game is close and on the line with risp he fails.
Go ahead try to keep defending the might laroche and his 10 homeruns and below 260 batting average!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:02 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Quote:

Your argument makes :lol: NO SENSE :lol:. You are trying to say Laroche is a clutch hitter. He fails at the beginning of the year because that is when the pirates are still in contention. When they fall out is when adam begins to hit. And when they are losing by 5 he can hit. But when the game is close and on the line with risp he fails.
Go ahead try to keep defending the might laroche and his 10 homeruns and below 260 batting average!

I got news for you: the Pirates were never in contention. When everyone is 0-0, nobody is in contention.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:32 pm 

Willton wrote:
Ryann wrote:
Quote:

I got news for you: the Pirates were never in contention. When everyone is 0-0, nobody is in contention.

Again wilton you are wrong. The rays you would have said at the beginning of last year weren't incontention. But wait when everyone is 0-0 everyone is in contention that is a reason why there is a new season every year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:37 pm 

OK so we're going to our neighborhood Harry Buffalo in half an hour. Will take in the Bucs and Tribe. Do you guys have those in PA (or NJ?) It's a small sports bar with animal heads on the walls. My kid is intrigued by those. Ha!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:38 pm 

Have fun Ollie. Bring home the bacon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm 

Nothing around my area like that...Have fun and enjoy...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:40 pm 

Thanks. I'd rather bring home a win. I'm a veggie anyway. My kid will fill up on chicken wings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:14 pm 

Ollie wrote:
OK so we're going to our neighborhood Harry Buffalo in half an hour. Will take in the Bucs and Tribe. Do you guys have those in PA (or NJ?) It's a small sports bar with animal heads on the walls. My kid is intrigued by those. Ha!

Yeah, I tend to avoid bars that are franchised.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:16 pm 

I try and stay away anything franchised but it is tough on dive trips. Best franchise I have ever eaten at was Wolfgang Puck's Express is downtown LA. It was actually very good. I also have an aversion to any restaurant with pictures of the food on the menu.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:37 am 

Hell of a game. It got scary there at the end. 2 days with reversed roles. What will tomorrow hold?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:37 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Hell of a game. It got scary there at the end. 2 days with reversed roles. What will tomorrow hold?

Wrong game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:53 am 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
I also have an aversion to any restaurant with pictures of the food on the menu.

Not a big fan of Denny's, I take it? Denny's is one of son's favorites.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:57 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:
I also have an aversion to any restaurant with pictures of the food on the menu.

Not a big fan of Denny's, I take it? Denny's is one of son's favorites.

Denny's is amazing. I travel about 30 minutes to Boardman, Ohio sometimes just to go there because there aren't any closer. I also love the picture menu.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:03 am 

As Uncle Jed used to say, "I'm gonna have to have a long talk with that boy."

Sorry, I was a chef in a previous life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next