Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 6-5-13 Pirates @ Braves
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:07 pm 

Even a former catcher, claimed off waivers befuddle our Bucs......not good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:21 pm 

Before today, we were averaging about 8.5 hits a game and 2.5 walks per game. At least we came close to our season average for walks....

Wow, Pedro got three ABs and struck out all three times on a grand total of 12 pitches. That is some kind of futility...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:26 pm 

TheShark wrote:
VanSlick wrote:
I work from home, don't have the MLB package on TV or internet, so I only see the Bucs play against the Cubs, Reds or Braves usually.

Where do you live that you would get all three of those? I'm in a similar boat and only get Cubs (WGN) and Reds because I live here in Cincinnati. Was wondering where you were geographically that you'd be getting Atlanta games as well.

I'm in Knoxville. We get the Braves and Reds on Sports South, Scrubs on WGN.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:35 pm 

I'm still taken back by yesterday's lineup. Think about it. Our organization position player depth is so bad that our best option to field a right hand lineup is to put our starting catcher batting .240 that hadnt played outfield since college in right field.

I might understand the move if McKenry or Martin were knocking the cover off the ball and you wanted to get them both in the lineup but they are batting .220 and .240 with very few walks. You put that around a Barmes, with a pitcher and Pedro. Its no wonder we are having these droughts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:04 pm 

Well sounds like I missed a dandy. I was on break at work I did get to see Mazzaro give up two dingers in a row on my phone.

Like I said before this team will go nowhere until they start hitting the ball. It's either hr or bust with these guys.

Our pitchers arms are falling off. Looks like bucs are coming back to reality.

Here's a reverse tomahawk chop to the bucs getting swept by the braves, no team I hate worse.

Now i can concentrate on the pens making me miserable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:10 pm 

MoTownWV wrote:
I'm still taken back by yesterday's lineup. Think about it. Our organization position player depth is so bad that our best option to field a right hand lineup is to put our starting catcher batting .240 that hadnt played outfield since college in right field.

I might understand the move if McKenry or Martin were knocking the cover off the ball and you wanted to get them both in the lineup but they are batting .220 and .240 with very few walks. You put that around a Barmes, with a pitcher and Pedro. Its no wonder we are having these droughts.

I don't understand half of hurdles moves. Last night putting a minor league pitcher in a game situation. If we had gotten upton out we most likely would have won that ball game. Our offense is struggling, need to hold a lead. Or Sunday sending marte right after he was hit by a pitch. He was in pain. The game was tied! We were fortunate to win that game.

Hurdle seems more concerned with resting guys and pitch counts than he does winning ball games!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:30 pm 

We all knew this was going to be a tough stretch.

Nearly coming out of it at a >.500 clip, injuries and silent bats in tow, is a testament to the quality of this team.

It would have been nice not to get Hurdled a couple of those games or to have suffered impact injuries, but it happened.

Time to move on and play more ball. Still lots of it left.

Still <5 out of first. Still well within reach the last WC spot.

Bucs need to enjoy the off day and then stick it to the Cubs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:32 pm 

I will say this, I looked at our schedule. We do have some days off this month, which is good. Seems like we were playing everyday. Players as well as us fans need a break been watching so much baseball plus the pens games (that looks likely to be coming to end).

I do believe our guys need some days off.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:03 pm 

We don't need a fifth starter until June 15. Guess who can be brought up then?????? :o :o :o :o :o :o