Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Stars for 04/19
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:23 pm 

Great Pirate win tonight. Lots of contributions from throughout the lineup.

WIN: Wandy is fantastic. His best game as a Buc. This is going to go down as a great trade for us. Wandy goes 7 scoreless innings of one-hit ball, no walks and 5 Ks. There was never even any Braves threat! He is now 2-0 with 0.56 ERA.

START: Can't call that anything but a great start!

MVP: TRIFECTA for Wandy! I debated whether to give him an MVP for today or just the #1 star, because we had enough offense that we did not NEED this start, but in reality we DID need this start. Giving WRod an MVP today. Who didn't like the 9 points he got in his first start? I know it's not a perfect system and that Wandy is now on top the star points by the strength of two games. You ain't gonna like it yet again!!! But on the other hand, WRod was the biggest factor in 25% of our wins, so maybe there IS something to my system!!

Honorable Mention: Lots of love to go around tonight. There was many different contributions from many different guys in many different ways. Some got multiple hits. Some hit for extra bases. Some scored runs. Some drove in runs. The stars could really be interchangable tonight. But, here goes....Giving HM to the guys out of the pen, who kept it at a scoreless, two-hitter. Melancon continues to be solid...going one inning, no hits, no runs, a K. ERA is now 0.90. Mazarro mopped up, gave up a hit but kept it a shutout. I like Tabata as our 3rd/4th OF. Filled in for Marte and went 1-4 with double, walk, a run, and an RBI. GJones just went 1-4 but his 1 hit was a bases loaded single to drive in two. Russell Martin added a 2-3, plus again, I am sure he had something to do with the great pitching performance from Wandy.

Star #3: Giving Travis Snider the #3 star. Snider went 2-4 including a double and a run. His BA is now up to .333

Star #2: Despite the 3 K's, I am giving Pedro the #2 star for yet another MONSTER HR and two RBI. Leave it to Pedro to strikeout 3 times and STILL raise his batting average! lol

Star #1: In the end, I am giving the #1 star to Neil Walker. He went 2-3 plus a walk, hit a triple, scored a run.

STAR POINTS
Rodriguez 18
Marte 17
Burnett 14
Cutch 13
Walker 12.5
Snider 10
GJones 8.5
JWilson 7
JGomez 5.5
McHenry 5.5
Melancon 5.5
Grilli 5
JMac 4.5
Watson 4
Hughes 3
Locke 3
Barmes 3
Alvarez 2.5
Martin 2.5
GSanchez 2.5
Harrison 2
Tabata 2
BMorris 1
Mazzarro 0.5
Irwin - 1
JSanchez -1.5

Post subject: Re: Animal's Stars for 04/19
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:42 am 
 WWW  Profile

Wandy's numbers are stupid right now. Simply stupid. I'd take him almost QUADRUPLING those numbers, and call it a great trade.