Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: April 1, 2013 Cubs (0-0) at Pirates (0-0) Opening Day
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:48 pm 

Clevelandsux wrote:
I know it's only one game. But you have your ace pitcher, and at home. Against a team that lost over 100 games. Just seems like a team wanted to turn the tide would win the game. Set the tone.

At the end of the year I doubt anyone will look back to game 1 of 162 against a damn good pitcher and say that game was the reason the season ended up the way it did.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 pm 
 WWW  Profile

PirateParrot wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:
Look...I was simply responding to Bucfan's post with my thoughts. I am not basing my "low tolerance" with Alvarez on one game(against a tough pitcher). I just don't care for the guy's attitude...and that is JUST MY OPINION...nothing more, nothing less. Feel free to disagree with me, most people do!! :D

Your right, it is just your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Of course, you've never so much as spoken with the man, so we're free to assign a very low value to your opinion on Alvarez's attitude. I've heard many interviews of his teammates, and they all have uniformly praised his work ethic. I'll go with their opinions.

I owe you an apology. I'm sorry for voicing my opinion on a Pirate player ON A FREAKING PIRATES FAN MESSAGE BOARD! Anyway, I figure all is right with the world if you have a low value of my opinion.

Yeah, and other people on that message board are responding to the opinion that you publicly put on said message board.

But anyway, communism is the way to go, guys.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm 

SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:

Yeah, and other people on that message board are responding to the opinion that you publicly put on said message board.

I don't give a crap who agrees or disagrees with my opinions. He took a post directed to someone else in which I said jokingly everyone usually disagrees with me and responded in his usual pompous way. I tire of that. I appreciate you explaining what happened though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:45 pm 

PirateParrot wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:
Look...I was simply responding to Bucfan's post with my thoughts. I am not basing my "low tolerance" with Alvarez on one game(against a tough pitcher). I just don't care for the guy's attitude...and that is JUST MY OPINION...nothing more, nothing less. Feel free to disagree with me, most people do!! :D

Your right, it is just your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Of course, you've never so much as spoken with the man, so we're free to assign a very low value to your opinion on Alvarez's attitude. I've heard many interviews of his teammates, and they all have uniformly praised his work ethic. I'll go with their opinions.

I owe you an apology. I'm sorry for voicing my opinion on a Pirate player ON A FREAKING PIRATES FAN MESSAGE BOARD! Anyway, I figure all is right with the world if you have a low value of my opinion.

Read my post again. You seem to have missed the part where I said that you're entitled to your opinion. You also seem to think that, while that is true, I'm not entitled to mine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 am 
 WWW  Profile

PirateParrot wrote:
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:

I don't give a crap who agrees or disagrees with my opinions. He took a post directed to someone else in which I said jokingly everyone usually disagrees with me and responded in his usual pompous way. I tire of that. I appreciate you explaining what happened though.

Any time!