Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beach Party Gig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:15 pm 

Lastnight was my beach party gig...

It was a packed house...the bar was set with tropical neon lights, tropical plants and streamers and even had a 1/4 ton of sand brought in and laid out infront of me on the dance floor where I was playing.

I asked a friend of mine who also plays guitar to sit in with me to help add some extra sound and to allow me to play some more harmonica than normal...

I had a fun time, the women were beautiful, the beer was good, and towards the end of the evening there was a squirt gun battle...

During a set break I went to get another drink and a woman started to spray me with a supersoaker so i picked up two small guns and shot back. She started to retreat backwards and stumbled and fell straight out the front door of the bar out into the street. I went to check to make sure she was alright and once I bent over to see if she was alright she started squirting me again. She seemed fine then and bounced right back up and went in and continued to have a fun evening, though I'm sure she was feeling a little sore this morning...

Anyway, the gig went great, I had to bust out the old Jimmy Buffett songlist (Margaritaville, Pirate Looks at 40, Boat Drinks, Why Dont We Get Drunk and Screw), I also pulled off an acoustic version with added harmonica of AC-DC's hit You Shook Me All Night Long...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: Beach Party Gig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:09 pm 

Sweet. I just bought tickets to see ACDC here in Phoenix. First family concert where all 4 of us are going. Should be a hoot.