Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Liberalism's finest hour
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:19 am 

BTW, there is no fair and balanced on Fox. They clearly try to control the minds of the masses. When they have a left leaning person on,it is usually someone so weak that they can't even make the argument. They get Palin-like people to present the opposing view.

CNN is fair in most of it's programing, and certainly in it's news programs. A few personalities are left of center but you can get the honest news from CNN. Not even close on Fox.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:57 am 

Substitute2 wrote:
ZM surely you must see that Palin was a terrible mistake. They keep her away from reporters almost always. Why? Did you see the Curic interview she did? WOW.

Think about it for a second please. Want her in charge of this country with this financial mess to deal with? Want her in charge, dealing with foreign countries and wars?

Remenber that McCain would be the oldest elected President ever. and he has had skin cancer four times already.

You aren't scared of that possibility? The only saving grace is that she can see Russia from her front porch.

Sub,

The Conservatives damn sure want her in charge of the country because they've bought in to the "common man" idea hook line and sinker. They want you to believe that Sarah Palin is "just like you" so that you can feel good in voting for her.

Make no mistake, this is no longer the party Ronald Reagan headed up for so many years. Bill Clinton changed the whole game and the country is suffering because of it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:35 pm 

Jeremy --- Try to remember that it was Ronald Reagan who ran on the idea that government was in the way. He's the guy who gave birth to the idea that we needed de-regulation for business to be able to make things work. It got worse after him but he was the begining of that movement. He must be at least partly held responsiblr for this mess.

As far as Clinton, I don't understand what you mean that he changed the game. Please explain. Do you thimk he was bad for the country? I think he would be easily re-elected today if he could run.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:02 am 

I'm always baffled when people defend Reagan.

Once we started losing our manufacturing base (the Federal Reserve is to blame for that) Tricky Dick removed the gold standard. Then Ronnie Reagan's solution to the recession was to de-regulate the economy while wasting heeps of money on the military. The big banks and Wall Street got too much power.

I never cared for Clinton though he supposedly achieved a budget surplus..

http://www.lafn.org/politics/gvdc/Natl_ ... -1996.html

Our national debt was Reagan's gift to the future, plainly put. We are still feeling the effects of his bungling. All our economy's problems (dot.com bubble burst, housing bubble, etc.) is directly related to his actions.

I've had it with corporate elites who control our congress. Our congress has failed to take control of the monetary system. They ceded all authority to the private banking industry (Federal Reserve Act.)

I fear the Federal Reserve, Treasury Department, and Congress can not right this sinking ship.

Guys, please do not put your faith in either candidate. They are both members of the CFR, the people who want a North American Union. They want to destroy our country.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:47 am 

Substitute2 wrote:
Jeremy --- Try to remember that it was Ronald Reagan who ran on the idea that government was in the way. He's the guy who gave birth to the idea that we needed de-regulation for business to be able to make things work. It got worse after him but he was the begining of that movement. He must be at least partly held responsiblr for this mess.

As far as Clinton, I don't understand what you mean that he changed the game. Please explain. Do you thimk he was bad for the country? I think he would be easily re-elected today if he could run.

Clinton started the "common man" movement. Was Clinton an Arkansas redneck? Hell no, the man was very smart. But he would rather act like a hillbilly. So then we got the "guy who can have a beer with" and now we have a "hockey mom" VP candidate who is "one of us."

Look, I don't want "one of us" running the country. I want someone who's smarter than me running the country. I want people with degrees and pedigrees. I don't want a Mayor from some backwater Alaskan town a few minutes away from running the country.

Ollie.....there were military programs that were wastes. But please don't think that we're wasteful people. I can tell you that the Air Force is very frustrated right now because we have flying death traps for tankers and we can't get new ones because we have "hawks" on The Hill who think we're being wasteful. Yet those same "hawks" will defend the most out of date plane we have, the B 52, to death.

We want to more efficient, we really do. But we're hamstrung by special interests on The Hill. It's really frustrating.