Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:40 am 

What a fantastic speech last night, I found it easy to forego the Pirates game to tune in to the RNC. I am excited about the choice and extremely proud to be conservative.

Post subject: Re: Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:22 am 

The speech was great, but her delivery made it that much greater. Kudos!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:12 am 

All politicians are morons. These two parties and their candidates make me sick.
(The sound you hear in the background is me throwing up.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:22 am 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
All politicians are morons. These two parties and their candidates make me sick.
(The sound you hear in the background is me throwing up.)

LOL AZ

Unfortunately, Politicians are what we are stuck with, its just our job to decifer who is telling the most truth. Otherwise, we could have a King... :shock: and you and I would just be serfs... :o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:00 pm 

Yes, she is very good at delivering a speech. Way better than Giuliani.

I like her and want to fornicate with her repeatedly. Even if she does remind me of Sally Fields.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:49 pm 

I find it incredibly ironic that McCain's biggest criticism of Obama is that Obama lacks experience, and then McCain chooses a running mate who's been the governer of Alaska for a mere 18 months, and prior to that was the mayor of a town of less than 10,000 people. Way to torpedo your credibility, McCain.

The choice of Palin evinces that McCain was looking for 3 things in a running mate:
  • The candidate must be a woman.
  • The candidate must be extremely conservative.
  • The candidate must look good in a suit.

Intelligence and being qualified for the job had nothing to do with this pick. It is quite possibly the most offensive display of pandering I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:03 pm 

Willton wrote:
I find it incredibly ironic that McCain's biggest criticism of Obama is that Obama lacks experience, and then McCain chooses a running mate who's been the governer of Alaska for a mere 18 months, and prior to that was the mayor of a town of less than 10,000 people. Way to torpedo your credibility, McCain.

The choice of Palin evinces that McCain was looking for 3 things in a running mate:

Intelligence and being qualified for the job had nothing to do with this pick. It is quite possibly the most offensive display of pandering I've ever seen.

What an incredibly sexist thing to say. Not worth a legitimate response.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:29 pm 

Honestly, I am thinking about voting for Ron Paul. In the past, I have voted for other candidates besides the Dem and GOP nominee. This was mostly a protest because I think we need a serious third party in our political system.

With that said, I really do like Paul and if I do vote for him, it's because of what he stands for and his beliefs.

On a side note, I will be rooting for Obama only because true change can only come if there is a different party in the White House. If I really hated Obama, then I might vote the other way, but neither he or McCain excite me as someone who is going to do what's best for this country.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:33 pm 

Argentum wrote:
Willton wrote:

Not a sexist statement at all. Probably very true. You have to remember, the Prez and VP aren't selected by their parties because they are the best suited candidate. They are selected because they are the most likely to get elected.

Sad, isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:37 pm 

I too like Ron Paul, but I tend to view voting for a third-party candidate as effective as not voting at all. Should the democrats take the White House, I wonder if Paul will run again in '12? He built some decent momentum online this year, but had no media coverage, which was all focused on Romney and McCain, and to a lesser extent Guilliani.

As for Palin, I think McCain was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. If he picked someone from inside Washington, the democrats would blast him for representing 4 more years of the status quo (though nothing is stopping them from doing that anyways). If he picked a new face like Palin, democrats would attack him for picking someone with no experience. If he picked a big-name conservative like Romney, he would be accused of pandering to his party base, that he wasn't a maverick, and would turn off independents.

I would have been interested to see a McCain-Ridge ticket, or even a McCain-Pawlenty ticket. But I have liked what I have seen and heard of Palin thus far. Her inexperience may be a factor, but she comes across as a very intelligent person, and intelligence can go a very long way. My bigger concern were her attempts to censor her hometown library when she was mayor.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:47 pm 

BBF wrote:
I too like Ron Paul, but I tend to view voting for a third-party candidate as effective as not voting at all. Should the democrats take the White House, I wonder if Paul will run again in '12? He built some decent momentum online this year, but had no media coverage, which was all focused on Romney and McCain, and to a lesser extent Guilliani.

I used to think the same way. But what if there are a million people not voting for the third party right now for the same reason? It has to start somewhere so I am willing to give my votes away in my generation so hopefully my kids will have more options. Might not ever happen, but I feel for this country to get back to it's roots, it should.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:51 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
I used to think the same way. But what if there are a million people not voting for the third party right now for the same reason? It has to start somewhere so I am willing to give my votes away in my generation so hopefully my kids will have more options. Might not ever happen, but I feel for this country to get back to it's roots, it should.

Fair point. Is Paul running as the Libertarian candidate? I thought Bob Barr was running under that ticket.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:54 pm 

Argentum wrote:

Sure, pull the sexism card. The fact is that there are other female candidates for VP that are far more qualified than Palin. The problem for McCain is that none of these other candidates were going to snare the religious-right vote like Palin likely will, and in this political climate where the Republicans feel like they have to pander to the fundamentalist Christians in this country, getting that vote is a must for the GOP. So, the need for the religious right vote + a desire to attract Hilary Clinton voters = Sarah Palin, an unknown, two-year female governer of Alaska whose greatest political accomplishment prior her gubernatorial election was being mayor of Wasilla, AK, a town whose population is less than half the size of McKeesport, PA.

If you think I'm sexist, fine, but I call it like I see it -- the Palin pick is a diversity ploy, pure and simple.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 pm 

BBF wrote:
bucco boy wrote:

Fair point. Is Paul running as the Libertarian candidate? I thought Bob Barr was running under that ticket.

Paul isn't really running. He dropped out of the race and formed the Campaign For Liberty organization.With that said, he should still get tons of votes, whether it is write-in or somehow he ends up on the ballot.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:08 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

What's the job of VP again? Attack dog for POTUS, and sitting around (mostly) making sure someone can take over if POTUS croaks.

Qualifications my $ss. By that definition, FDR was pandering when he took a failed haberdasher as VP.

Even at 18 mo in office, Palin has more executive experience than either of the Dem candidates. As for foreign affairs, that is McCains job. Her's is to excite the base, and to bring out the rank hyprocrisy of the left for all to see.

ZM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:28 pm 

Willton wrote:
Argentum wrote:

Sure, pull the sexism card. The fact is that there are other female candidates for VP that are far more qualified than Palin. The problem for McCain is that none of these other candidates were going to snare the religious-right vote like Palin likely will, and in this political climate where the Republicans feel like they have to pander to the fundamentalist Christians in this country, getting that vote is a must for the GOP. So, the need for the religious right vote + a desire to attract Hilary Clinton voters = Sarah Palin, an unknown, two-year female governer of Alaska whose greatest political accomplishment prior her gubernatorial election was being mayor of Wasilla, AK, a town whose population is less than half the size of McKeesport, PA.

If you think I'm sexist, fine, but I call it like I see it -- the Palin pick is a diversity ploy, pure and simple.

You're doing EXACTLY what McCain wants you to do and don't even know it. You're comparing Obama to Palin. It's a brilliant strategy if you think about it, how can one question her experience and not hold Obama to the same standards? Every slam on Palin is also a slam on Obama. At the end of the day, when a decision needs to be made, your left wondering, if Obama isn't even Palin's equal with regard to experience, imagine how much that is magnified when comparing him to McCain.

So when the Repubs pick a female it's a "diversity ploy", but when the Dems do it it's a great leap forward in race and gender equality? I get it now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:51 pm 

Willton wrote:
It is quite possibly the most offensive display of pandering I've ever seen.

You're obviously too young to remember "Fritz and tits".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:40 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
What's the job of VP again? Attack dog for POTUS, and sitting around (mostly) making sure someone can take over if POTUS croaks.

Qualifications my $ss. By that definition, FDR was pandering when he took a failed haberdasher as VP.

Even at 18 mo in office, Palin has more executive experience than either of the Dem candidates. As for foreign affairs, that is McCains job. Her's is to excite the base, and to bring out the rank hyprocrisy of the left for all to see.

ZM

Let me just add on here... how many times did Barack vote "present" when it was time to make a decision? 130 times... yah thats what I want, a guy leading our country that either cannot take the time to review both sides of an issue to make an informed decision, or just couldn't actually make a decision.

Brining in Palin is a refreshing change to Republican Conservative Politics, she is going to usher in a new generation of conservative players that will revolutionize the party. The left has no answer for her, or for anyone with similiar qualities. So you will see ridiculous attacks on her personal life, supposed inexperience, and lack of foreign policy experience. But unfortunately for the Dems, Palin has more executive experience than Obama himself, so any attack on her can just be redirected upon him.

Sure I want change in the government and this country, I just don't want their kind of sick twisted ideas of change. I don't want to live in a Communist society, I want freeloaders on welfare that have no physical or mental ailments to have to work. I don't want my money that I work hard for going to them. Plus I own a small business and my taxes will go from 37% to 56%... How the heck do I stay in business??? I want energy independance!!! I am sick of spending my hard earned cash on gasoline that just fills the pockets of some prince in Saudia Arabia not to mention the high taxes on gasoline.

I want to be able to go to a sporting event or building WITHOUT wondering if its going to be blown up, I want someone in office who is going to carry on the fight against terrorism and continue to honor those names of innocent people in NY, PA, and DC on 9/11. I didn't forget!!! I will never forget!! Seems like Dems just want it to go away, they'd rather pay off the terrorists so that they won't "hurt us." Like a bunch of little sissies. I don't care about human rights of terrorists!! You choose to live by the sword, you die by the sword. Its very apparent that Geneva convention rules do not apply to these cowards. They are the warmongers, not us.

I don't want a man who spent 20 years in a church that taught hatred of white America, why is this situation not analyzed more?? It is THESE types of people that keep racism alive and well here in America. Why do I want a man leading my country that considers himself a friend of a known and self proclaimed terrorist.

Sure I don't agree with everything McCain stands for, but I definitely don't agree for anything Obama sort of stands for. So go ahead Liberals, spin this way and spin that, but what you have done to the Democratic party is disgusting, weak, and has rendered it utterly useless.

And as Jim Rome would say... "OUT"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:59 pm 

Wait... I'm not finished...

Don't respond to me about the "why did we attack Iraq" BS... why? Because the dictator was a jaggoff, killing millions of innocent people, and nobody else in the world was bad enough to go kick the crap out him and his rapist cohorts. And yes they had weapons of mass destruction, you know why I and many others know that? Because we SOLD them to them. Wake the hell up America, get the Liberal wax outa your ears, stop letting CNN order you around, telling you what to do, how to react, how bad THEY think the economy is, who to like, who to dislike, who to vote for, and how bad THEY think Bush did as a President. Sure I didn't agree with everything Bush did, but he did many things well, many things, but oh yah... CNN doesn't think so.

You want to talk about a President that wrecked this country!!! His name is BILL CLINTON, you know how I know?? I worked there during 5 of his 8 years, you want to know why our military was lacking so many supplies??? Because BILL CLINTON cut military spending 8 straight years!!! I got a 2% raise every year he was in office. Money was so tight in the military that many of our soldiers were left to pay for equipment out of their own pockets. Who got the blame??? George Bush, I say BS, but shoot CNN said it so it must be true.

Why has America become such a brainwashed nation, your leftist professors and leftist media are teaching you to be embarrassed about your country, to hate it. I say damn them, the real America should make their voices loud to drown out the ignorant negative chatter, blah blah blah, Obama our saviour, blah blah blah. It sucks I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement from working in the White House, cause I have many other REAL stories to tell!!! I am for John McCain, a man that served his country for 22 years, a man that payed a heavy price for the freedoms that we so easily take for granted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:16 pm 

And still going....

Don't give me no crap about "healthcare," What, you want socialist healthcare, healthcare for everyone so that all the Doctors go elsewhere to earn a better living, so we are stuck with all the doctors that go "C's" in Anatomy?? Just ask Fidel Castro how good his socialistic healthcare system was... he had to go to another country to get surgery because all the doctors in his nation SUCKED!!

And what the heck is "campaign reform?" Does anyone really give a crap?

And for all you environmentalist tree huggers out there, how the heck did the world last this long WITHOUT YOU??? Last time I checked, we were at the top of the food chain, now I have no problems with people saving a few animals or plants, but when it stands in the way of us being self-sufficient as a nation, I say too freakin bad. The earth was put here for us to inhabit it, not to worship it. Believe me, none of us or our future generations (if it even gets that far) will be here long enough to see earth wither away in destruction by anything we do. God is a jealous God, you fool around and worship earth and not the God who created it, your going to end up with an empty eternity.

Our money says IN GOD WE TRUST, not freakin allah, buddah, or a "higher power", this country was founded on CHRISTIAN principals, I understand Americans and immigrants are given freedom to worship whatever they want(even the stay puff marshmellow guy), and I certainly agree with those rights. But that doesn't mean that Muslims, Buddists, or any other religeon gets the opportunity to complain about what is on our money or said in our schools. You came here on your free will, you don't like it? Go back home... Build your churches, your congregations, and worship together, but leave my rights to practice Christianity alone. I'm not ashamed of my faith, you don't have to listen to me when I talk about it.

I am a supporter of foriegners coming to this country... LEGALLY!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next