Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: let's talk God (Religion) for awhile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:31 pm 

bullishhitter wrote:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_Muslims_hate_Christians_so_much

You've got wiki answer and I've got the Bible, history and quotes from the Koran. If you believe what that says in that article, I've got a top tier prospect to trade to you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:15 am 

Piratefan13 wrote:
bullishhitter wrote:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_Muslims_hate_Christians_so_much

You've got wiki answer and I've got the Bible, history and quotes from the Koran. If you believe what that says in that article, I've got a top tier prospect to trade to you.

I think you paint with a really broad brush, PF13, and I know a number of Muslims that would take exception with your characterization of the Qu'ran (not Koran). I suggest you turn off Fox News and see for yourself by visiting a mosque and asking questions.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:46 pm 

There's a beautiful big mosque with a golden dome in a Cleveland suburb. The day after 9-11 some knucklehead drove his car through the front door of that place causing lots of damage.

Then we had a big controversy here. The feds came and removed their imam a couple of years ago because they found a 1991 video tape of him (in a New York City mosque) calling Jews "pigs & monkeys." Supposedly he had connections with terrorist organizations. The funny thing is that a year or two before that I went to a cultural festival thing (celebrating wedding gowns of Islam) and that imam was there. I walked past him as he was angrily saying something about Jews to some people. I felt sorry for his family because the U.S. tried to deport him but Jordan wouldn't accept him. I don't know what ever became of him.

Haviung said that I still think the majority of Muslims are good people. I like that the mosque here includes all races of people.