Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:06 pm 

I agree. I'm glad he'd dead but I wouldn't celebrate that any more than I would if I had to kill a varmint in the yard. Just something that had to be done.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:19 pm 

Celebrations were a bit too reminiscent of when the radicals dragged the bodies of Americans through the streets.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:01 pm 

Ollie wrote:
Right.. right.

Guys, like the "Red Scares" (and Star Wars lol) Osama is part of a phantom menace. He's probably sipping a martini on a beach next to Rumsfeld at this moment. Why in tarnation would you gentlemen
believe a damn thing the corporate media reports? A media that is owned and controlled by the same folks who planned and are causing the destruction of our country.

Please stop.. take off the red, white, and blue colored sun glasses for a minute. The CIA trained Osama and his thugs to fight in Afghanistan.. not unlike Saddam who was also one of our
guys! For crying out loud Osama's family's connections to the Bushes and Saudi royal family are well documented.

The CIA sponsored the Taliban!! Please realize that the Bin Laden family belongs to a different sect of Islam, an off shoot of Suni Islam which is the state religion of Saudi Arabia.
The wealthy businessmen (sheiks) of Saudi Arabia fund all anti-American and anti-Israel terrorism. It's all a game that our leaders are in on, a game designed to keep the public scared.

The Bush family is involved in all of this. They believe in "profits before patriotism." How do they earn billions? Oil, defense contracting, banking. Connect the dots. The elite get what they want by
any means necessary. They have no morals, no loyalties. Prescott Bush extended credit to Hitler for cat sakes.

Conspiracy theorists such as you really crease me up.
I haven't had such a good laugh in ages.
Thank you

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:42 pm 

Whats the feel of things across the pond bertie? 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:03 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Ollie wrote:
Right.. right.

Guys, like the "Red Scares" (and Star Wars lol) Osama is part of a phantom menace. He's probably sipping a martini on a beach next to Rumsfeld at this moment. Why in tarnation would you gentlemen
believe a damn thing the corporate media reports? A media that is owned and controlled by the same folks who planned and are causing the destruction of our country.

Please stop.. take off the red, white, and blue colored sun glasses for a minute. The CIA trained Osama and his thugs to fight in Afghanistan.. not unlike Saddam who was also one of our
guys! For crying out loud Osama's family's connections to the Bushes and Saudi royal family are well documented.

The CIA sponsored the Taliban!! Please realize that the Bin Laden family belongs to a different sect of Islam, an off shoot of Suni Islam which is the state religion of Saudi Arabia.
The wealthy businessmen (sheiks) of Saudi Arabia fund all anti-American and anti-Israel terrorism. It's all a game that our leaders are in on, a game designed to keep the public scared.

The Bush family is involved in all of this. They believe in "profits before patriotism." How do they earn billions? Oil, defense contracting, banking. Connect the dots. The elite get what they want by
any means necessary. They have no morals, no loyalties. Prescott Bush extended credit to Hitler for cat sakes.

I'm assuming this was written with heavy sarcasm.

#3 Iowa State Cyclones vs #7 Connecticut Huskies
Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:27 am 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Whats the feel of things across the pond bertie? 8-) 8-) 8-)

As I pen this the radio is holding a phone-in about whether or not the pictures should be published. The occasional 'Ollie' is coming on but is rapidly being put in their place by other's scorn.
In general there is praise and admiration for the USA's action, tempered with the view that his death does not signal the end of terrorism.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 am 

IA Pirate wrote:

I fear not IA.
We have read similar drivel too often from Ollie in the past.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:58 pm 

Bertie wrote:
IA Pirate wrote:

I fear not IA.
We have read similar drivel too often from Ollie in the past.

Fraid Ihave to agree with Bertie here. Ollie, my man, do you know that you appear way out there with this stuff?

AZ is, as always, spot on. Our humanity is what separates us from the uncivilized heathens of history. We need to be glad to rise above those vicious animals who pride themselves in the grusome behaviors. This is exactly why our torture of people goes against our values and needs not to be part of our behaviors as a people.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:17 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
AZ is, as always, spot on.

I will pass this quote on to MRs. AZBF. She might have a different opinion. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:52 pm 

Well, Ollie will point out it's not like there are videos of Bin Laden specifically taking "credit" for the hijackings and mass murders ...

Oh, wait.

But I mean, his actions are solely related to the fact that the evil Satan George W. Bush was president, and it is not as if he tried to bring down one of the trade center buildings in 1993 ...

Hold up.

So, Ollie, I guess that your theory is as follows:

• bin Ladin was working with Bush on the 2001 attacks.
  • He was also apparently working with Clinton on the 1993 attack.
  • And with Clinton on the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole.
  • So, he worked with two U.S. Presidents over a span of at least eight years, to murder U.S. citizens with the knowledge and complicity of these Presidents and their advisors.
  • Yet somehow, this has remained secret and no document, witness or evidence supporting your theory has been provided.
  • Meanwhile, bin Ladin repeatedly issues videotapes claiming credit for the attacks and killings, putting his life in jeopardy in the process.

Is that about right?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:56 pm 

I feel it incumbent upon me to share with the board this text of a PM I received from Ollie:

Quote:
Hey, Bertie. I think I have outlived my usefulness on the board. Could you close
my account please? You're a moderator so I am thinking you can do it. I don't
know how.

I harbor no hard feelings for anyone on the board.. I just don't have the time or
energy (or eloquent speaking skills) to debate Econo and others.

By the way I am a HUGE fan of English Premier League. I cheer for Sunderland AFC
(arguably the Pirates of world football. lol) Soccer is my favorite sport now.

Please please close my account here. Thank you, sir.

Davey Jones/Ollie

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:14 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Apparently Davey Jones was sent to the locker (room).

Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:02 am 

Rashard Mendenhall approves of Ollie's post. :D

But seriously, some of what Ollie said isn't totally crazy.

The US gov't (CIA) was in bed with Afghanistan and Iraq in the late 70's/early 80's, so it's conceivable that they had connections... probably not to the extent Ollie suggests, but still.

Also, if Bin Laden has/had the kidney problems he was supposed to have, I doubt he survived 10 years on the run. I mean, how many times did world leaders, political pundits and/or intelligence officials say 'I believe Bin Laden to be dead' since 2001? 20 times?

Ollie's conspiracies are a little loony, but lets not act like EVERYTHING the US gov't/US media says is gospel.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:19 pm 

Everyone has a right to their own opinions on any subject and the freedom to express those opinions verbally and in writing.

Although I disagree with Ollie on this subject (and I have doubts about many issues including our government), I hope that he reconsiders and remains a member of the Board.

Last edited by bassoondirector on Sat May 07, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:47 pm 

bassoondirector wrote:
I hope that he reconsiders and remains a member of the Board.

Me too. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:40 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Az Bucco fan wrote:
bassoondirector wrote:
I hope that he reconsiders and remains a member of the Board.

Me too. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Same here. I've always really enjoyed his posts.

Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!