Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bachelor Party
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:34 am 
 WWW  Profile

Well, I'm off to the bachelor party! I'm cleansing my system of the Pirates for an entire weekend! I've got 10 buddies of mine from all over the Midwest meeting up with me in Des Moines (don't laugh...it should be fun!). Hopefully I come back with a story or two!

#3 Iowa State Cyclones vs #7 Connecticut Huskies
Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

Post subject: Re: Bachelor Party
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:56 am 

Hope you have a great time and that no one spends to much time in jail. As an old timer, I find great joy living vicariously through you young guys. So, help an guy out with some stories, pictures aren't required but would be a gas.

Just don't drink and drive,please.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:09 pm 

Always be wary of people with cell phone cameras. One of my buddies got himself in big trouble at his bachelor party because of pics. If your soon to be wife gets a hold of one, you're sunk.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:41 pm 
 WWW  Profile

So, do I have to file a Game Report?? Not sure if pictures will be included!

Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:44 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
So, do I have to file a Game Report?? Not sure if pictures will be included!

That's a question best left for the board lawyers! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:47 am 

LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:39 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I'm back, recovering, and have a story or two. I'm just too damn lethargic right now to post!

Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:11 pm 

Lethargic, according to Webster, is to hung over and tired from not sleeping to tell stories about my wild times.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:32 am 
 WWW  Profile

Ok, this story has already been told many times since the bachelor party and I have noticed the story is taking on more and more life since that day. It will probably be told to family members (my side and my fiance's side) that probably shouldn't hear it...

So, my bachelor party was two weeks ago in Des Moines, IA. There were guys from all over coming into town. Myself and two other guys were the first in town so we could be there while people arrived. We were at a bar around 3:00. Once my best man showed up things picked up a bit (i.e. shots, stiff drinks, etc.). When everyone was accounted for we decided to grab a bite to eat a place called Dave and Busters. This place is like a Disneyworld for grown-ups. It's essentially a video arcade that serves food and drinks. Yeah, it's a money pit.

A few of us guys are complete sports junkies and we were glued to this football game. It's a game where you have a moving target and you try to complete passes to these targets. The farther away the more points. The balls would come back on this treadmill-like belt and sometimes the balls would get caught. Well, this causes a good tussle between the two competitors to grab a hold of the footballs. My best man and I were going against each other when the footballs got caught. During a short tussle for one of the footballs he proceeded to do the unholiest of all sins...he smacked me in the nuts, rendering me unfit to finish the game.

I put that moment in my memory bank. It would come back to haunt him.

Later that night we ended up at a strip club. This place was a classy joint that didn't sell alcohol but you could bring your own in. Yada yada yada...three o'clock in the morning comes and we figure it's time to leave. We hail a cab and have him stop at a gas station so we can get cash to pay him. I see Mitch at an ATM getting cash. Remembering the crippling shot I took earlier in the night, I went in for the kill. He's busy typing in his password as I come from the side and THWAP...direct hit! As he crumples to the ground he puts his head up...it wasn't him! This guy was pissed off something fierce! "What the f---?" was yelled. I was almost as shocked as he was. He was a bigger guy, much bigger than me. He wanted to rip my head off. Problem is he was still pretty hunched over. I was in a panic while I was apologizing. I couldn't say sorry enough! He still was about ready to charge when Mitch came in. He had no idea what had happened. When the guy that I hit saw Mitch he looked at me and said "You know, we do actually look alike, get the f--- out of here." That's all I needed! I put $5.00 on the counter to pay for his Mt. Dew and went to the cab.

I have a feeling at the wedding this weekend the story will get embellished. I'm sure he will become 6'5", 240 lbs.

Anyway, I thought you guys might enjoy this story. It's immature, a little crude, and juvenile. But hey, it was my bachelor party and I'm a little immature, crude, and juvenile!

Crap, only 4 more days...

Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:36 am 

LOL! Awwwww man, what a story! You are very lucky the dude was cool......... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:06 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Yeah, I was very lucky!

As I re-read my post it's hard to put into words the facial expressions of all parties involved. My mind was going too fast for me to type so it might not translate just how it did in person!

Sweet Sixteen
March Madness!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:11 pm 

Great story. Yes, you were very lucky. Not only might you have gotten beaten up, you might have gotten convicted of assault. Especially considering that I'm sure it was on video, since it happened at an ATM. I personally would probably have pressed charges.

Anyway, I'm glad you got away with it.

Any chance you can get that video and post it here?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:13 pm 

OBTW, don't forget to post the story of how you eventually get even with your best man.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:57 pm 

Dude that story had me in tears I was laughing so hard..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:07 am 

Stuff happens especially when you are blinded by consumed liquids. By now, congratulations are in order and I'm sure you two are away having fun. Hope you have a lifetime of laughs.