Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corsair's fearless Senate Projections (4 weeks out)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:44 pm 

Just looking at the disputed Senate races that will be going on four Tuesdays from today and see if the GOP can pull a long shot upset and gain control of the Upper Chamber.

Its currently 59 D to 41 R (I'm counting the two I's as D since they caucus with them) Republicans need ten to win control, as 9 would allow VP Joe Biden to break the tie and maintain the Donk majority.

Here we go:

ARKANSAS: Blanche Lincoln's Senate career is as dead as the Bucs season was after the 12 game losing streak in June 42 R

CALIFORNIA: Carly Fiorina is a game competitor to unseat one of the most arrogant and unqualified Senators, Barbara Boxer, but, despite their economy teetering on the brink, more people leaving the state than entering it, overfunded and overpaid public employee unions, poor schools etc., I see the unions pouring enough money into the race (to protect their own fat, overfunded pensions, salaries and benefits and screw the taxpayer) to give Boxer another six years.
COLORADO: Ken Buck is comfortably ahead of appointed Senator Michael Bennet. This one goes to the GOP 43 R

CONNECTICUT: The wife of the Wrestling guy is making a good run of it, against a pretty weak candidate in a deep blue state. She'll be close, but in the end CT stays azul.

DELAWARE: Funny how no one talks about issues, just some of the whacky things Christine O’Donnell has said in the past, and the fact that she has never really had a job (my personal take. She couldn't possibly be any worse than the Ivy League educated clowns both parties have been sending to Washington), but it won’t be enough. She loses but maybe comes within four or five.

ILLINOIS: Two guys whose battle cry seems to be the typical Land of Lincoln battle cry of “Hey, the other guy is more corrupt than me.” But it looks like Mark Kirk is the lesser of two evils, so he should take Obama’s old seat. R 44

INDIANA: Dan Coats is all over Brad Ellsworth like a cheap suit. 45R

NEVADA: This is going to be a race won by a razor’s edge. Angle has some nutty baggage, but Harry Reid has to be one of the most off-putting politicos in recent memory. Despite all the union money thrown his way I think Reid is no longer in the Senate come January. (Actually I could see Nevada and California switching places. I can’t really see the GOP knocking of both him and Boxer, but who knows. For my official prediction its CA D NV R) 46 R

North Dakota: John Hoeven put this race away when the Pirates still had a prayer in the NL Central. 47 R

PENNSYLVANIA: PA Dems are turning on Obama’s policies faster than just about any other group, save maybe Ohio. Pat Toomey cruises against Seestack. 48 R

WEST VIRGINIA: Who’d a thunk that Robert Byrd’s seat could be the one that tips the Senate to the GOP? What looked like a walk in the park for Gov. Joe Manchin now sees him losing. Funny how a president that is on the record as basically wanting to fuck over anyone trying to build a coal fired plant anywhere, isn’t too popular in the Mountain State. Surprise pick up 49 R

WISCONSIN: Long-time liberal lion Russ Feingold is down double digits in almost every poll. Wow, didn’t see that one coming! 50 R

WASHINGTON: I think it all comes down to Washington State. The Senate balance may see Americans waiting by their TVs and computer screens breathlessly @ 2 AM EST as the votes are counted. It’s popular Dino Rossi, who already had one state-wide election stolen off him by ACORN style “missing ballots” a few years ago, to edge out Liberal light weight Patty Murray. 51 R and the majority.

Note: If California and Nevada go GOP then Washington won’t even break a sweat. That would be indicative of a truly monumental Republican wave.

And how about Democratic upsets?

ALASKA may be in play if sore loser Lisa Murkowski muddies up the waters for Joe Miller enough for the Dem to sneak in. Long shot.

KENTUCKY: Jack Conway can’t seem to close to within five of Rand Paul, despite Paul’s perception of being somewhat of a Tea Party nut. Long shot.

MISSOURI: Robin Carnahan is staying close to Roy Blount, almost to within the margin of error. IF the GOP wave is not as big as some expect, this could be low hanging fruit for the Dems.

Post subject: Re: Corsair's fearless Senate Projections (4 weeks out)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:51 pm 

Corsair wrote:
North Dakota: John Hoeven put this race away when the Pirates still had a prayer in the NL Central. 47 R

1992?

As an aside, I have heard Barbara Boxer speak in person more than any other member of this message board, I would wager. I attended a debate that she participated in during the 1992 senate race, against Bruce Herschenson.

I can state, from first-hand observation, that Boxer is borderline retarded. She has to be the dumbest person ever elected to public office.

I basically don't give a shit any more and rarely vote, since the electorate is in such a state that a complete and total moron like Barbara Boxer is given a pass and re-elected time after time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:28 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Corsair wrote:

1992?

As an aside, I have heard Barbara Boxer speak in person more than any other member of this message board, I would wager. I attended a debate that she participated in during the 1992 senate race, against Bruce Herschenson.

I can state, from first-hand observation, that Boxer is borderline retarded. She has to be the dumbest person ever elected to public office.

I basically don't give a shit any more and rarely vote, since the electorate is in such a state that a complete and total moron like Barbara Boxer is given a pass and re-elected time after time.

This.

Upon moving to CA and seeing her speak, I could not believe that anyone, ANYONE, could possibly vote her into anything. Simply amazing. Must be the support from the People's Republic of Berkley.

I will do my part to help her out of office.

As for the dumbest person every elected to public office, let's not go that far. Dennis Kucinich is still out there, I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:28 am 

Bucfan wrote:

Bucfan, you do Patty Murray a disservice. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:42 am 

As a resident of the laughingstock state in America, I nominate our esteemed Governor, Jan Brewer, she of the perpetual brain fart. I could go on and on but most would not know of the others. John Huppenthal, the favorite for State Education head, was arrested for going after a 77 year old election volunteer who tried to move his signs becasue they were too close to a polling place. Arizona has a rich tradition of political knuckleheads. The electorate are much better. The more Sheriff Joe gets investigated for one gaffe or another, the higher his approval rate goes. :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :o :o :o 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:12 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
As a resident of the laughingstock state in America, I nominate our esteemed Governor, Jan Brewer, she of the perpetual brain fart.

You mean, as compared to Janet Napolitano?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:03 am 

Bob in Boston wrote:
You mean, as compared to Janet Napolitano?

Yeah, not even close. 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:41 pm 

The only thing to be said here, e win then we get what we deserve. It's very easy to criticize, much more dificult to govern. Most of the people you project to win have no acceptable program for our country. God help us when these things come to pass.

Especially the Reasce win over Manchin in my beloved WV. If that happens, we are in bigger shit than you know or want.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:01 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
The only thing to be said here, e win then we get what we deserve. It's very easy to criticize, much more dificult to govern. Most of the people you project to win have no acceptable program for our country. God help us when these things come to pass.

As opposed to the current course of "let's just spend more and more money that we don't have on more and more government programs that produce no discernible benefit, while putting the country in an even bigger budgetary hole?"

First thing is stop the insane spending. Most of those candidates seem to have this one as number one on their priorities.

I consider that pretty acceptable as opposed to the Keynsian circle jerk (FROM BOTH PARTIES) we have seen the last four years!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:45 am 

Yes, I get it. You're strongly against spending. What are you for and how do you fund it. It's easy to be against, it's much more difficult to solve problems, i.e. let's get rid of welfare-- fine but what do you see happening in our country when that many people are without the ability to eat and don't so just get a job cuz we don't have enough jobs now. They aren't just meekly strave to death, they're going to take what the need until someone stops them. That's just one simple example-- there are many, many more if the solution is just stop spending.

You get the idea and we will all get the idea after the election which chooses enough people who choose the let's stop spending approach to solving our problems.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:15 pm 

America has largely become a nation under the Walmart attitude. Everyone wants their services but no one wants to pay for them. Just get whatever is cheapest ala Walmart. Want police and fire protection, want good schools and good streets and roads but pay for them? Americans want and want more but don't want to sacrifice one thing for another. It is about priorities and these days, unfortunately, the priorities for Americans are their big screen TV's and cellphones. I see it where I work all the time. Kids dropped off at school in better cars than I have but receiving free meals at school. Kids with shoes with holes in them but carrying a cellphone and/or an I Pod or wearing a $150 Lebron James jersey. Ship jobs overseas so we can afford all this crap that ends up thrown away at some point. Don't want to pay more for things made in the US because companies want higher profits that can be attained by overseas manufacturing. In many ways our country has become cheesy and depressing, just like the inside of a Walmart store. :? :? :? :? 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 pm 

Well, Corsair, it turns out that you were off by at least 2 states, possibly 4. Nevada and West Virginia are staying blue, and Washington and Colorado appear to be leaning left. Kudos on the Feingold prediction, however; I did not see that coming.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 pm 

Willton wrote:
Washington and Colorado appear to be leaning left.

Both are too close to call, which means they will both go Democratic. (Rule of thumb ... on a statewide race that is too close to call, go with the Democrat.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:26 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Willton wrote:
Well, Corsair, it turns out that you were off by at least 2 states, possibly 4. Nevada and West Virginia are staying blue, and Washington and Colorado appear to be leaning left. Kudos on the Feingold prediction, however; I did not see that coming.

West Virginia is blue in name only. Manchin had to become a virtual tea party candidate to win that election, going so far as to film himself shooting a copy of the health care bill.

Good luck Harry, dealing with Manchin.

ZM