Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dog lovers?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:27 pm 

I am on my 3rd black lab. At present, she is 17 weeks old. Got her at 10 weeks. A regular chewing machine. There are enough chew toys around my house to sprain your ankle on a regular basis. Really takes advantage of Mrs. AZBF. LOL. Now the baby teeth are coming out. It has been about 10 years since the last pup experience but it is all coming back. She is retrieving the duck decoy from the pool. Goes about 10-12 times then just passes out. Pretty funny. Has the runway walk waddle in a big way. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Post subject: Re: Dog lovers?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:11 pm 

Enjoy her, AZ. There is a saying about dogs that you may not have heard before. If not, perhaps you'll find some truth in it:

Dogs are the only creatures on Earth that love you more than they love themselves.

My wife and I are cocker spaniel people. My family had one when I was growing up, and she and I have had two: always blonde (or ASCOB, as the purebred community puts it, meaning "all solid colors other than black.") We're without these days; it's too painful when the end of life comes. Meanwhile, most of our neighbors have dogs and we have fun with them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:11 pm 

Meet Smitty. He's an 10-month old Havanese. My fiance and I got him this past January when he was small enough to grasp with one hand. Now he's 11 lb. and the length of my forearm.

He's quite possibly the funniest dog on the face of the Earth. I have videos to prove it.

Attachments:
Smitty.jpg
Smitty.jpg [ 69.37 KiB | Viewed 349 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:54 am 

As Groucho Marx said:

"Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:05 pm 

I have 3 dogs; 2 Jack Russell Terriers and a German Shorthaired Pointer/Dalmatian mix (possibly...just my guess). We just recently got the third dog as inheritance from my girlfriend's father. Our oldest is 17 believe it or not.