Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Muslim Group Threatens South Park Writers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 pm 

I seem to remember Jesus playing a role in South Park episodes. I don't remember, however, any publicity about a blog of people not saying but just saying the creators are on notice.

I'm all about religious tolerance but I don't tolerate people whose religion teaches them to threaten other people's lives.

I realize there are wackos in every sect. I also think that if you look at where those threats come from this is not an isolated event. There's something to be said about making good on your threats, too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:37 pm 

NDL wrote:
I seem to remember Jesus playing a role in South Park episodes. I don't remember, however, any publicity about a blog of people not saying but just saying the creators are on notice.

I'm all about religious tolerance but I don't tolerate people whose religion teaches them to threaten other people's lives.

I realize there are wackos in every sect. I also think that if you look at where those threats come from this is not an isolated event. There's something to be said about making good on your threats, too.

Then you should focus your disdain on those particular people, not make sweeping generalizations about a particular religion or its followers.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:26 pm 

Willton wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:
Just what in the world is this knee-jerk equivocation about. Right off the bat and out of the blue, you just have to try to equivocate.

However, I don't see a large movement of Christian or Jewish "extremists" threating or actually killing comedians and satirists though. But, maybe you can point them out to me. I am not seeing "extreme" Christians blow themselves up. About the worst I am seeing is the murder of an abortion doctor about every 10 years.

Care to point out the equivocation?

Or, maybe you've been to Israel to know what is actually going on in a country that has scud missiles launched into it on a regular basis?

ZM

Ever heard of the following groups?

• Army of God
  • The Lambs of Christ
  • Repent Amarillo
  • Hutaree
  • The Lord's Resistance Army
  • The English Defense League
  • SIOE (Stop the Islamification of Europe)

And of course, let's not forget the granddaddy of them all, the Ku Klux Klan.

I can go on.

And all of those groups have murdered people on a mass scale? Wow, they flew planes into the Twin Towers! They murdered Israli athletes in Munich? They murder Dutch film-makers?

And the Klan???? Hey Wilton, how about who has been comitting the most murders since the invention of Color television? The Klan??? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

And funny how no one has mentioned Muslim or Islam in regards to the Times Square bomber, but a few weeks ago when the arrested those clowns in Michigan, the media couldn't wait to use the word CHRISTIAN in almost every sentence. In fact I thought "Christian militia" was one word, the way most media uttered it.

Naah, no double standard here! Move along folks nothing to see here!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:38 pm 

Corsair wrote:
And all of those groups have murdered people on a mass scale? Wow, they flew planes into the Twin Towers! They murdered Israli athletes in Munich? They murder Dutch film-makers?

And the Klan???? Hey Wilton, how about who has been comitting the most murders since the invention of Color television? The Klan??? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

And funny how no one has mentioned Muslim or Islam in regards to the Times Square bomber, but a few weeks ago when the arrested those clowns in Michigan, the media couldn't wait to use the word CHRISTIAN in almost every sentence. In fact I thought "Christian militia" was one word, the way most media uttered it.

Naah, no double standard here! Move along folks nothing to see here!

Do you somehow feel threatened by what I wrote? Why are you being so defensive? I am merely pointing out that religious extremism, regardless of what faith is being touted, can lead people to do things that are unacceptable. For some reason, you and ZM seem to think that Christians should not be included in this classification, despite being shown evidence of Christian extremists doing unacceptable things.

Obviously, Muslim extremism has been the cause of one of the greatest tragedies we've seen in our lifetimes, and that should not be forgotten. But that does not mean that you should then forget the faults of your own religion, and nor should you begin making broad generalizations about members of a particular religion.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:16 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Christian "extremism" is not a function of christianity. Muslim extremism is a direct function of the jihad call of the religion and is found in Sharia and Surrey(?). Not every muslim follows those dictates, but unlike christianity of the bible and new testament, it most certainly does call for these actions as part of jihad.

My original post to you was to your instinctive, knee jerk reaction to equivocate in an instance that in no way is equivocal, either in content of the religion, or the sheer volume of actions anticipated.

My original disagreement with Az was with calling muslim jihadists as "knuckleheads". To me, a knucklehead swings a baseball bat at the sausage. A knucklehead throws a battery at your right fielder. Trying to kill infidels is way beyond knucklehead.

ZM

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:12 pm 

here's just one example of a Christian extremeist using voilence in the name of religion--

John Brown of the famous raid was a religious zealot who caring out God's wishes butchered a group of pro-slavery people in Nebraska including mutilazation of the bodies by he and his religious non-slavery followers. He was motivated by Christianity.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:58 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
here's just one example of a Christian extremeist using voilence in the name of religion--

John Brown of the famous raid was a religious zealot who caring out God's wishes butchered a group of pro-slavery people in Nebraska including mutilazation of the bodies by he and his religious non-slavery followers. He was motivated by Christianity.

Really?? Perhaps by his twisted interpretation of Christianity. Nowhere in the Bible would his actions or any other "extremist violence" be deemed acceptable.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:11 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Excately. Not to mention about 150 years dated.

Gotta love the earnest pursuit of equivocation thought.

ZM

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:04 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

Yeah, we better duck ZM, I get the feeling Wilton's about to throw the ol' "The Muslims hate us because of the Crusades" historicaly specious argument our way.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:33 pm 

They hold a grudge for a long, long time. 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:49 pm 

Corsair wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

Yeah, we better duck ZM, I get the feeling Wilton's about to throw the ol' "The Muslims hate us because of the Crusades" historicaly specious argument our way.

I am not of the opinion that Muslims hate us. I am of the opinion that particular Muslims hate us. You are either painting with a very broad brush or have a very narrow view of who a Muslim is.

If Muslims hate us as a general rule, then they have a funny way of showing it, given that many of them live here, work here, go to school here, pay taxes here, start businesses here, engage in worship here, and are citizens here. You clearly do not know many Muslims.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:07 pm 

I wonder how any of us would feel if drone preditors flew into our neighborhoods and killed family and friends indiscriminatly. Don't you know that Arabs have the same concern for family and friends as we do. Afgans and Pakistanis are human beings too even though some of us don't understand this.
So, is it right for us to kill those murdering bastards and not have them act the same toward us.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:55 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Az Bucco fan wrote:
They hold a grudge for a long, long time. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Just ask Charles Martel!

ZM

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:16 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
I wonder how any of us would feel if drone preditors flew into our neighborhoods and killed family and friends indiscriminatly. Don't you know that Arabs have the same concern for family and friends as we do. Afgans and Pakistanis are human beings too even though some of us don't understand this.
So, is it right for us to kill those murdering bastards and not have them act the same toward us.

You probably think 9/11 was an inside job too huh.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:12 am 

Absolutely 9-11 was an inside job.

Anyone who listens to alternative news sources has heard physisists explain that steel buildings
do not collapse as a result of fire. Those were controlled demolitions.

All the Israelis who worked in those buildings were absent the morning of 9-11. Clearly the U.S. needed
an excuse to fight in Afghanistan. The politicians bow to the elite who want to control the flow of oil.

Here are some alternative choices to corporate media:

http://www.democracynow.org
http://www.fair.org
http://www.inthesetimes.com
http://www.counterpunch.com
http://www.thenation.com
http://www.prospect.org
http://www.commondreams.org
http://www.freespeech.org
http://www.alternet.org
http://www.oneworld.net
http://www.indymedia.org/en/index.shtml

There are several great daily news programs in syndication on college radio stations as well.

Here is Michael Parenti's list of media manipluation methods:

http://mediaalliance2.live.radicaldesig ... php?id=510

Last edited by Ollie on Wed May 12, 2010 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:15 am 

Ollie wrote:
Absolutely 9-11 was an inside job. Why would anyone believe this government and corporate media?
I knew it was an inside job the day it happened. I talked to people about it at work that very day.
The elite rule the world. They regularly hire thugs for terrorist activity.

At least you're helping to keep tinfoil makers in business.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:20 am 

Your comment is over my head. I was surprised to see your message here because
I blocked you long ago. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:07 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hey Ollie,

Ask yourself a simple question or two, if you can't fathom how the trade center could fall. Aside from the obvious.

Who built the buildings? Who managed the construction and materials?

In NYC, that would be the Teamsters, in general.

In the early '70's, who controlled the teamsters, and most unions in NYC?

Why, the Dapper Don.

How did the Dapper Don and his mob buddies make their money, Ollie?

Why, glad you asked. They skimmed off the top of large construction jobs.

What does that mean to the towers?

Why, it means that maybe, sorta, kinda, the specs were NOT met after skimming for the Mob. Maybe the layers of engineering safety redundancy built into the design, was kinda, sorta, you know, slashed a bit to satisfy the tastes of the Gambino Family. Not enough to actually have the building fall, but maybe, you know, sorta, kinda cannot stand up to a plane exploding.

Hey, its just as reasonable as blaming the JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ZM

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:15 am 

ZM, seriously, I expect better. Everyone knows that the correct spelling is "J-O-O". Just ask Eric Cartman.

:lol: :P

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:16 am 

ZM: Where did the steel used to construct the WTC's come from? More importantly, what professional baseball team is located in that city? Who owns that team? Hmmmmmmmm.....................

This thing is like an onion, the more layers you peel, the more it stinks!

Disclaimer: I ma not in any way trying to disparage the WTC tragedy or Ollies belief in it's origin.